Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Installation Issue (Game region problem) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Installation Issue (Game region problem) [SOLVED] Empty Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Installation Issue (Game region problem) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:00

Whenever I try to download the expansion, the update never goes through. I get a pop-up message saying: "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region in order to be installed."

I'm aware of all the SKU business, so I tried changing the Sims Medieval SKU version (which was 1) to 2, but that didn't do anything. I changed it from the > WOW6432 Node > Electronic Arts > The Sims Medieval. That's the only place where I could change the SKU for medieval. It didn't work though...

Help?

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Installation Issue (Game region problem) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Installation Issue (Game region problem) [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:03

Hello,

Can you please also check if the locale is en-US? Since The Sims Medieval also requires this locale.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Installation Issue (Game region problem) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Installation Issue (Game region problem) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:05

Yes, it's en-US

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:06

beach wrote:Yes, it's en-US

Hello,

Please try to change the SKU value to 7. I will see if there are any other solutions.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 05:21

Yay it's installing! Thanks so much Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 09 Jul 2013, 05:22

beach wrote:Yay it's installing! Thanks so much Smile

Hello,

Good to hear!
Happy simming in Medieval times The Sims 3 plumbob!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 05:28

Hello,

I think this topic is solved.

So i will lock this topic.

Happy Simming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top