Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed Worlds not appearing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed Worlds not appearing Empty Installed Worlds not appearing

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:30

After twelve hours of trying to figure out why I couldn't start up my game, I finally fixed the problem. 
But now I have a new problem. When I started up my sims game I noticed that my installed worlds don't appear on the main screen. But I checked my folders and they're still there.

What could've possibly gone wrong? I would appreciate some help.

Back to top Go down

Installed Worlds not appearing Empty Re: Installed Worlds not appearing

Post by J.T. Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:41

Hello,

Is the installed worlds in the form of sims3packs? If yes, double-click the sims3packs to initate installation.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Jul 2013, 19:09

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:After twelve hours of trying to figure out why I couldn't start up my game, I finally fixed the problem. 
But now I have a new problem. When I started up my sims game I noticed that my installed worlds don't appear on the main screen. But I checked my folders and they're still there.

What could've possibly gone wrong? I would appreciate some help.

Hello there,

I suppose you are trying to install the so-called "downloadable neighbourhoods" (= extra worlds that don't come with an expansion pack) ? If cat2006house's solution doesn't work, you can have a look at this topic here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 19:40

Yes they're sims3packs that were already installed. I've never had this problem before. What happens to the save games that I have in those worlds? Will they like... crash after I reinstall it?  Does this me I have to reinstall all of my custom content? I'm gonna use CCMagic to clear the cache and see what happens when I start up again and I'll let you guys know.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Jul 2013, 19:46

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:Yes they're sims3packs that were already installed. I've never had this problem before. What happens to the save games that I have in those worlds? Will they like... crash after I reinstall it?  Does this me I have to reinstall all of my custom content? I'm gonna use CCMagic to clear the cache and see what happens when I start up again and I'll let you guys know.

Yes, at first I would try deleting the cache files too. But if that doesn't help, and you follow all the instructions in the link I posted before, then you will have deleted all your installed ".sims3packs" - this means you have to re-install all of that again.

If you have to do that, you should immediately install the "downloadable neighbourhoods", because if you are trying to load a savegame, which was saved in such an extra world, then your game will crash - because you don't have the world installed. Wink

But if you manage to re-install all your stuff, it shouldn't affect your existing savefiles in any negative way.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 00:26

I'm not sure what's wrong now. I was up to the step where I reinstall all of my sims3pack files and at 99% it froze. I had to end the program so now every time I try to start up the launcher it takes forever. I don't even get the chance to check if my installed worlds are there in game. Soooo. I don't know what to do.

//EDIT

And now my launcher freezes and crashes whenever I try to check what's installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 16 Jul 2013, 00:51

Hello,

Can you rename this folder: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? Your installed sims3packs will be in the old folder. I suspect one of your sims3packs is corrupted. Try the following method after renaming the folder:
Installed Worlds not appearing 50pFlowv2
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Jul 2013, 04:30

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:I'm not sure what's wrong now. I was up to the step where I reinstall all of my sims3pack files and at 99% it froze. I had to end the program so now every time I try to start up the launcher it takes forever. I don't even get the chance to check if my installed worlds are there in game. Soooo. I don't know what to do.

//EDIT

And now my launcher freezes and crashes whenever I try to check what's installed.

That launcher problem seems to be a bug that came with the latest patch (version 1.55). My launcher doesn't open at all, and therefore, if I want to install ".sims3pack" files, I have to use "CC Magic".

But have a look at this article here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3330-an-alternative-approach-to-managing-store-and-custom-contentupdated-the-sims-3
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 06:55

That launcher problem seems to be a bug that came with the latest patch (version 1.55). My launcher doesn't open at all, and therefore, if I want to install ".sims3pack" files, I have to use "CC Magic".

But have a look at this article here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3330-an-alternative-approach-to-managing-store-and-custom-contentupdated-the-sims-3

Alright, thanks, I'm going to invest in that. Also, I sorted all my files and found the corrupt ones. Then I redid the sims3packs installation process. It appears that everything works fine now! I'll come back if there's any problems but so far everything seems okay. Thanks so much for your help! It's mucho appreciated! c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top