Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed worlds don't have descriptions and when I load them sims and lots have weird names.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed worlds don't have descriptions and when I load them sims and lots have weird names. Empty Installed worlds don't have descriptions and when I load them sims and lots have weird names.

Post by Guest Sat 05 Oct 2013, 12:50

I've been having this problem recently I installed Midnight Hollow and Sunlit Tides and when I decided to start a new game and pick the world they don't have descriptions. They load properly but when they do, lots and sims have weird names that look like file paths. I don't know if this is relevant but when I tried to install the worlds they're labeled as an "object" rather than a world.

Back to top Go down

Installed worlds don't have descriptions and when I load them sims and lots have weird names. Empty Re: Installed worlds don't have descriptions and when I load them sims and lots have weird names.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:47

Hello,

Try to redownload the worlds.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Installed worlds don't have descriptions and when I load them sims and lots have weird names. Empty Re: Installed worlds don't have descriptions and when I load them sims and lots have weird names.

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 06:22

Thank you for replying. I've tried re-downloading the worlds but the problem still persists. I'm starting to think something might be wring with my game.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 08 Oct 2013, 08:05

Hello,

It's not your game, it's a known problem. Though I haven't been able to find the awnser for this particular world yet. This tends to happen with Riverview-based user created worlds when that user doesn't have Riverview installed, but I don't know how it related to other worlds yet.

Do you have other EA worlds like Barnacle Bay? And if not, would you be willing to install it as a test?
Do you have the store fixes?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:24

I already had Riverview installed before the problems started and yes, I got the store fix hoping it'll get rid of the problem but sadly it didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top