Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can't find my sims

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can't find my sims  Empty can't find my sims

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 03:29

Hi :newfag: 
first of all thank you for your hard work, you guys are amazing
before i installed island paradise, i packed my family with the house they were living in (so now i have them as a .sims3pack as a lot), anyway, i accidentally deleted my save files, so i installed the family again via the launcher (and it succeed) but i can't find them, not as a lot No  not as a pre-made sims No  and not in the 'move a family' at the beginning of the game, any idea how i can solve this?!!

Help

Back to top Go down

can't find my sims  Empty Re: can't find my sims

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:39

So your household appears in the Launcher?
And what does it say there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 12:55

the type is a lot and in the status column nothing is there until i install it and then it says installed (not sure if this is what you are really asking for)

if i closed the launcher and then opened it, it disappears from the installed content list, and when i  install it again, it doesn't tell me that it's already installed

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 05:39

Napoly wrote:the type is a lot and in the status column nothing is there until i install it and then it says installed (not sure if this is what you are really asking for)

if i closed the launcher and then opened it, it disappears from the installed content list, and when i  install it again, it doesn't tell me that it's already installed

Hello,

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

After that, try re-installing that ".sims3pack".

If this doesn't help, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. If you're lucky, you will see a folder with the name:
(Name of your savegame).sims3.backup. If there is really such a folder, just remove the ".backup" ending in the folder name; so that it looks like this in the end: (Name of your savegame).sims3. This should bring back your old save.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 19 Jul 2013, 07:46

Hello,

Can you tell us how you packed the lots and sims into a sims3pack? It seems to me that you've done something wrong during packing.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:39

Carlos G. wrote:
Napoly wrote:the type is a lot and in the status column nothing is there until i install it and then it says installed (not sure if this is what you are really asking for)

Hello,

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

After that, try re-installing that ".sims3pack".

If this doesn't help, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. If you're lucky, you will see a folder with the name:
(Name of your savegame).sims3.backup. If there is really such a folder, just remove the ".backup" ending in the folder name; so that it looks like this in the end: (Name of your savegame).sims3. This should bring back your old save.

the first one didn't work can't find my sims  Icon_sad  and i am not lucky can't find my sims  Kopfschuettel

//EDIT

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Can you tell us how you packed the lots and sims into a sims3pack? It seems to me that you've done something wrong during packing.

Hi
in edit town, i choose my household and pressed 'share' then i selected household + house

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:07

Did you see the animation then? it should "move" to the bottom tray...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:16

Shamrock wrote:Did you see the animation then? it should "move" to the bottom tray...

i am not sure i understand what you mean, but if you are saying that after installing it it should show up under the installed content in the launcher then yes it does, other than that i am afraid i don't get it Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:52

Like this:
can't find my sims  1
When you press the fourth button, it should "disappear" into the bottom tray, and appear there...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 15:51

Napoly wrote:the first one didn't work can't find my sims  Icon_sad  and i am not lucky can't find my sims  Kopfschuettel

For the future, you should only use the save option "Save". This means you should ignore "Save as..." and "Save and quit".

If you use the option "Save", it will create a ".backup" copy of your savefile, whereas if you use the other save options, nothing will be created. And after that, just quit the game. You will get a prompt asking "if you want to save". Just click on "quit" again - and that's it.

More generally, try to back up your savefiles regularly (depending on how often you play The Sims 3). Back them up to safe place like an external hard-drive.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 05:59; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 03:17

Shamrock wrote:Like this:
can't find my sims  1
When you press the fourth button, it should "disappear" into the bottom tray, and appear there...

i did press the fourth button and the fifth and it did appear in the bottom tray, but after that i formatted my laptop and i moved some folders including the one containing my family as a .sims3pack, the save files got deleted while i was trying to stop the crashing after island paradise, so my main problem now is that after i install it, it uninstall itself Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top