Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash to blue screen in edit neighbourhood mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash to blue screen in edit neighbourhood mode Empty Crash to blue screen in edit neighbourhood mode

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 03:32

I am very very desperate.

I've had the original store bought game plus a few also store bought expansion packs installed on my computer for ages. Now I wanted the new EP Unilife and heard some good stories about your downloads, so I thought I'd try that. 
Failed horribly.
Ever since, I can still play (though very slowly, everything is taking forever to load), but it crashes when I try to edit the neighbourhood, especially when I try to place a default house in the neighbourhood.
I got so frustrated I uninstalled and deleted everything. The thing is I lent all my discs to my friends to install and I couldnt wait for them to get back to me so everything sims-related on my computer is now a torrent from you guys.
So now I want to be able to edit my neighbourhood, put a default house on a lot, but every time it crashes to blue screen and turns itself off. 
I downloaded the base game, lifetimes, pets and unilife. 
Is this just asking too much of my ol' lil' computer or do you know anything I can try to make it work again?
Please help me! I miss my game so much Sad
Thanks in advance

A little more detail:
I'm from the Netherlands so my computer is installed in Dutch. The ultimate fix thing wont work. 
My PC is old but steady, running XP, the only bigger things installed is the sims, and I have like 70% of my C drive free. Its well organised defragmentised, clean, sweeped, etc.

Back to top Go down

Crash to blue screen in edit neighbourhood mode Empty Re: Crash to blue screen in edit neighbourhood mode

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 05:48

LunaNoa wrote:I am very very desperate.

I've had the original store bought game plus a few also store bought expansion packs installed on my computer for ages. Now I wanted the new EP Unilife and heard some good stories about your downloads, so I thought I'd try that. 
Failed horribly.
Ever since, I can still play (though very slowly, everything is taking forever to load), but it crashes when I try to edit the neighbourhood, especially when I try to place a default house in the neighbourhood.
I got so frustrated I uninstalled and deleted everything. The thing is I lent all my discs to my friends to install and I couldnt wait for them to get back to me so everything sims-related on my computer is now a torrent from you guys.
So now I want to be able to edit my neighbourhood, put a default house on a lot, but every time it crashes to blue screen and turns itself off. 
I downloaded the base game, lifetimes, pets and unilife. 
Is this just asking too much of my ol' lil' computer or do you know anything I can try to make it work again?
Please help me! I miss my game so much Sad
Thanks in advance

A little more detail:
I'm from the Netherlands so my computer is installed in Dutch. The ultimate fix thing wont work. 
My PC is old but steady, running XP, the only bigger things installed is the sims, and I have like 70% of my C drive free. Its well organised defragmentised, clean, sweeped, etc.

Hello,

I suspect that your computer cannot handle The Sims 3 and several expansions, but maybe another Helper has a second opinion on that. Maybe you can install the base game and a few expansions, but certainly not all.

As for the "Ultimate fix thing", I suppose you mean Shamrock's tool ? This doesn't work if your OS is not in English (you can change the language of the registry, but you would have to ask either Lady ElDi or Shamrock on how exactly to do that).

You can still apply the "manual patch", available from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

And then you download the Ultimate fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

In the Ultimate fix, you only extract the #crack folder. Copy the contents of #crack into C:\Program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Select "replace existing files", when you are prompted.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top