Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite loading screen when going to edit town mode from buy/build. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite loading screen when going to edit town mode from buy/build. [SOLVED] Empty Infinite loading screen when going to edit town mode from buy/build. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2016, 03:18

Hey guys!

I ran into some Sims 3 trouble out of the blue and I wasn't sure what else to do. I've tried google but nothing they suggest helps and I'm at wits end trying to fix it.

My game loads up fine and I'm pretty sure I can save. However, as soon as I go to buy/build mode from edit town to build or furnish a new house and then go back to town view - I get an infinite loading screen.

The problem is solved when I take my mods out (go figure) however here is the funny part. As soon as ANY CC goes back into the mods folder it happens. I tried narrowing it down to see what bad piece of CC/Mods was causing my problem but it appears to be any CC file that gets dropped into the mods file causes this weird problem. 

Also probably a good thing to note, I was previously using CC Magic from my package files. One day it was fine and then the next day it was toast. I reset everything so that the game used the traditional mods folder thinking maybe CC Magic was acting funny but it didn't fix the problem either. I even tried lowering my graphic settings as some people said it could be a hardware issue but that didn't help me either. I'm completely patched and I have every EP and SP.

Just in case anybody is curious here are my tower specs:

AMD Radeon HD 7890 Graphic Card
8GB DDR3 Ram -
Intel i5-3570k @3.40GHz 

Can a whole folder [ of nearly 2,000 files ] suddenly all be corrupted or am I missing something? I tried Delphy's tool as well which identified some corruptions and disabled them but alas that didn't solve anything.

Any suggestions on where to go from here? I'd really hate to have to redownload all 2,000ish files as a large portion of my files were downloaded years ago. 

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Back to top Go down

Infinite loading screen when going to edit town mode from buy/build. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Infinite loading screen when going to edit town mode from buy/build. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 18 Apr 2016, 10:28

Hello,

It may help to delete the cache files or generate an entirely fresh folder in "Documents".
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Infinite loading screen when going to edit town mode from buy/build. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Infinite loading screen when going to edit town mode from buy/build. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:01

This is very similar with my issue. Just the same, my merged packages started acting weird in just one day and after that, when I re-arranged my cc, game does infinite loading when I go edit town from build or buy. I am leaving this note to watch this topic also, just in case there comes a solution Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Apr 2016, 18:59

By any chance, are you using the "store fixes" @blackfliess ? If so, try removing them, and see if the glitch persists.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2016, 20:15

@Carlos I was actually, I took it out and it seemed to solve my problem completely - I didn't even think of that! Thank you so much!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Apr 2016, 21:02

blackfliess wrote:@Carlos I was actually, I took it out and it seemed to solve my problem completely - I didn't even think of that! Thank you so much!!!

Unfortunately, the store fixes appear to conflict with (some of) the newer NRAAS mods. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I myself am still using an old batch of NRAAS mods from 2013/2014. It seems old, but all of them are functional with game patch version 1.67.

I may make arrangements to upload my "Mods"-folder, for those interested in using them, but the problem is...in case want to use newer stuff too, it may be a problem.

Is there anything else we can help you for now ? Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 01:54

@Carlos nope that was the only problem, thanks again!! I'll be sure to stay clear from the store fixes since I barely use any store content anyway! Thanks so much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Apr 2016, 02:37

blackfliess wrote:@Carlos nope that was the only problem, thanks again!! I'll be sure to stay clear from the store fixes since I barely use any store content anyway! Thanks so much!!

Some of the "premium store items" do need the store fixes to work properly. I did not mention it directly before, but I can use the store fixes just fine, but virtually all my NRAAS mods are from the years 2013/ 2014. Should you change your mind about the store fixes at some point, feel free to drop me a private message here.

Other than that, it's good that this fixed your problem. You're more than welcome to get in touch with us again anytime. Smile  Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top