Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:08

Hello. I have a problem with laggs in The Sims 3. I tried everything... Graphic card is up to date (nVidia GTX 650 TiB) Reinstall the whole game (I have every EP or SP). I've looked on every topic with the same problem...I have enabled vSync... I tried to download Overwatch or MasterController... Tried to use 3booter... nothing helps Sad searching for a fix that could help me... cause I was downloading for like 3 weeks. Please help me to fix it... I'm really losing hope to get it to work...

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:11

Lolovcek1 wrote:Hello. I have a problem with laggs in The Sims 3. I tried everything... Graphic card is up to date (nVidia GTX 650 TiB) Reinstall the whole game (I have every EP or SP). I've looked on every topic with the same problem...I have enabled vSync... I tried to download Overwatch or MasterController... Tried to use 3booter... nothing helps Sad searching for a fix that could help me... cause I was downloading for like 3 weeks. Please help me to fix it... I'm really losing hope to get it to work...

Hello,

For now, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the "Mods" folder, for example into this: "Mods_backup". This will "deactivate" all your mods (in most cases at least). Then start the game and see if anything changed.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:16

Unfortunately not working :/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:20

Lolovcek1 wrote:Not working :/

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and remove the whole "The Sims 3" folder. You can also just rename it, which is a bit easier.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:28

Sorry, still not working :C

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:31

Lolovcek1 wrote:Sorry, still not working :C

Now it's getting "interesting".

Try lowering your graphics settings, and yes, you should also try to disable this "VSync" again.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:32

I tried both....  Graphics to the lowest settings... nothing did...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:36

Lolovcek1 wrote:I tried both....  Graphics to the lowest settings... nothing did...

If you want, you can post some information here about your system's performance. There's not too much what comes to my mind then..except that your computer might not be strong enough to handle the game and all expansions.

If that's really the case, then you can try to un-install several SP's or even EP's and see if that improves you performance.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:40

CPU : AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core
RAM : 8 GB
GPU : GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost (2 GB)
OS   : Windows 7 64-bit

//EDIT

It's really frustrating that I was looking forward to play with all EP + SP but now I'm just disappointed The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED] Icon_sad

As I was looking, I found the guy with the EXACT same problem... he has even a better computer... + all DLCs.... https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13005-please-help-asap-sims-3-lag-and-gitter-when-panning-scrolling-camera

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:52

Lolovcek1 wrote:CPU : AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core
RAM : 8 GB
GPU : GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost (2 GB)
OS   : Windows 7 64-bit

//EDIT

It's really frustrating that I was looking forward to play with all EP + SP but now I'm just disappointed The Sims 3 Laggs when moving the camera, or scrolling it. [SOLVED] Icon_sad

I have (indirectly) mentioned most of the previous tips from this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Look at suggestions #5 and #6, maybe they can help you.

To play in windowed mode (included in suggestion #5) go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and open the file "options.ini". Now look for "Fullscreen" and change the value from "1" into "0".

Otherwise, try a clean un-install of your Sims 3 games; look at these guidelines: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

After the clean un-install, re-boot the computer and re-install; see also this here (if you haven't done so allready): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:56

Well, i tried both of these... GameBooster and Windowed mode... none of these helped :/ So you say I should uninstall the Sims 3 + all DLCs... Well, I removed all the installs ... So i would have to download them again.. and it was downloading like for 3 weeks :/

Please, don't tell me that I have to install it again :/ it's just too frustrating

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jul 2013, 17:03

Lolovcek1 wrote:Well, i tried both of these... GameBooster and Windowed mode... none of these helped :/ So you say I should uninstall the Sims 3 + all DLCs... Well, I removed all the installs ... So i would have to download them again.. and it was downloading like for 3 weeks :/

Please, don't tell me that I have to install it again :/ it's just too frustrating

If you can wait for a while, I will talk to the other "Helpers" about this problem. Maybe the others have a second opinion on this.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 17:05

Ok thanks, I really appreciate it..

//EDIT

So, any ideas?

Helper edit: please, do not "bump" the topic. I'm waiting for comments of the other Helpers - we can't be online all the time. If you really want to add something to your post, use the "edit" button.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 18:33

You only have one graphic card inside your laptop, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 18:36

Uh, I don't have a Laptop.. I have a big computer....

But yes, only the 2GB GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost
Well, I have in the game like 250-300 FPS on full details... without GameBooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 18:53

Ok, definitely try FPS limiter from here. Your FPS is too high!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 18:57

Well, i tried it, still lag spikes when moving the camera :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:03

For a good game experience, your FPS should be 20 to 30. 50 is a maximum.
So 200 to 300 is too damn high! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:06

Okay, but I STILL have the lagg spikes ... So I CANT have a good game experience :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:09

Try this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:10

U kinda didnt read the topic? I dont have problem with FPS ... I have problem with Lag spikes when i try to move the camera... or even the Sims are lagging...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:13

Yes I did, but FPS is about lagging. So if even with FPS Limiter you get lag, it's your graphic card.
Please try my link, and do not be rude, we're all volunteering to help here...cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:15

Im not trying to... But i said at start that i used FPS limiter and 3booter... but none of them helped...

I just got 60 FPS...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:17

Ok sorry, I saw GameBooster but not FPS Limiter...
Anyways the link I just gave you is about Core usage. Make sure you use all your processors like written...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:18

Well, ok i try, i just have to win the game on LoL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top