Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unlocking new towns/neighborhoods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unlocking new towns/neighborhoods? Empty Unlocking new towns/neighborhoods?

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 19:06

Hey guys, sorry if I am extremely blind and missing a sticky or an easy search but I did try to find an answer to this before creating this thread.

Game is installed fine as far as I can tell. I can play the game with all the expansions I've downloaded no problem. The only reason this thread is being made is that I was wondering if there was any way to unlock the pay to play neighborhoods I see listed? I can't even play the free ones since it requires me to go through the EA store to unlock it. I was just curious if there was some workaround I'm not finding?

Thank you ahead of time. Smile

Back to top Go down

Unlocking new towns/neighborhoods? Empty Re: Unlocking new towns/neighborhoods?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jul 2013, 20:53

Falisa wrote:Hey guys, sorry if I am extremely blind and missing a sticky or an easy search but I did try to find an answer to this before creating this thread.

Game is installed fine as far as I can tell. I can play the game with all the expansions I've downloaded no problem. The only reason this thread is being made is that I was wondering if there was any way to unlock the pay to play neighborhoods I see listed? I can't even play the free ones since it requires me to go through the EA store to unlock it. I was just curious if there was some workaround I'm not finding?

Thank you ahead of time. Smile

Hello,

I suppose you are trying to download/install the so-called "downloadable neighbourhoods" ? (= worlds that don't come with an expansion pack). These are Hidden Springs, Riverview, Lucky Palms, Aurora Skies, Barnacle Bay, Lunar Lakes, Monte Vista, Sunlit Tides and Dragon Valley.

You can try downloading them from here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/neighbourhoods.html  (I'm not sure if all of the links work though, as the site is still not fully updated yet - and I haven't tried some of the links either).

If you download such a world, you will get a file in the ".sims3pack" file format. You need to copy that file into My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads. Then you open the launcher, go to "downloads", mark the item you want to install and click on "install" at the bottom of the launcher.

However, if you have problems when opening the launcher, read this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3330-an-alternative-approach-to-managing-store-and-custom-contentupdated-the-sims-3

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top