Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't boot up game, hangs on black screen, issue with DCCache? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't boot up game, hangs on black screen, issue with DCCache? [SOLVED] Empty Can't boot up game, hangs on black screen, issue with DCCache? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jul 2013, 07:41

Hey, I've been having an issue lately. I don't know why, but suddenly, part of DCCache became corrupt for some reason. I'm not sure what triggered it, but now Sims 3 hangs on the black screen when booting up. I'm aware it's that specifically for the reason that, if I remove the contents of the folder, it starts up... but with none of my totally legally purchased store content, or files installed via sims3packs. Normally I'd just shrug and redownload stuff, but I have so much installed it's kinda hard to find the links for it all (I horde CC okay ;_; )

Anyone know how I can 'decorrupt' these files? Or make a new bridge between folders? Most(Keyword: Most) seem to appear fine in the launcher when the folder's not cleared, but the game won't boot with it. Then with the file clear, the launcher won't show anything.

I can't seem to win! ;A;

Back to top Go down

Can't boot up game, hangs on black screen, issue with DCCache? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't boot up game, hangs on black screen, issue with DCCache? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jul 2013, 10:56

ScottAsher wrote:Hey, I've been having an issue lately. I don't know why, but suddenly, part of DCCache became corrupt for some reason. I'm not sure what triggered it, but now Sims 3 hangs on the black screen when booting up. I'm aware it's that specifically for the reason that, if I remove the contents of the folder, it starts up... but with none of my totally legally purchased store content, or files installed via sims3packs. Normally I'd just shrug and redownload stuff, but I have so much installed it's kinda hard to find the links for it all (I horde CC okay ;_; )

Anyone know how I can 'decorrupt' these files? Or make a new bridge between folders? Most(Keyword: Most) seem to appear fine in the launcher when the folder's not cleared, but the game won't boot with it. Then with the file clear, the launcher won't show anything.

I can't seem to win! ;A;

Hello,

To get to the point, no, there is no way I can think of to "decorrupt" all of that.

I would have suggested to you to think about what the last ".sims3pack" was that you installed, before that error popped up; maybe you could open the launcher and un-install that; you can also use "CC Magic" to remove items.

If you don't rememeber what you installed last, then I'm afraid you have to get rid of your ".sims3packs": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

For the future, I don't recommend installing any other ".sims3packs" than the official store content. Sounds harsh ? Maybe, but the chance of something happening like your problem is very small.

Also, please, never delete the stuff that you download, whether it's the actual games or in this case the CC. If you back-up everything on e.g. an external hard-drive, you don't have to re-download it all, if anything goes wrong.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't boot up game, hangs on black screen, issue with DCCache? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't boot up game, hangs on black screen, issue with DCCache? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jul 2013, 12:48

Carlos G. wrote:
ScottAsher wrote:Hey, I've been having an issue lately. I don't know why, but suddenly, part of DCCache became corrupt for some reason. I'm not sure what triggered it, but now Sims 3 hangs on the black screen when booting up. I'm aware it's that specifically for the reason that, if I remove the contents of the folder, it starts up... but with none of my totally legally purchased store content, or files installed via sims3packs. Normally I'd just shrug and redownload stuff, but I have so much installed it's kinda hard to find the links for it all (I horde CC okay ;_; )

I can't seem to win! ;A;

Hello,

To get to the point, no, there is no way I can think of to "decorrupt" all of that.

I would have suggested to you to think about what the last ".sims3pack" was that you installed, before that error popped up; maybe you could open the launcher and un-install that; you can also use "CC Magic" to remove items.

If you don't rememeber what you installed last, then I'm afraid you have to get rid of your ".sims3packs": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

For the future, I don't recommend installing any other ".sims3packs" than the official store content. Sounds harsh ? Maybe, but the chance of something happening like your problem is very small.

Also, please, never delete the stuff that you download, whether it's the actual games or in this case the CC. If you back-up everything on e.g. an external hard-drive, you don't have to re-download it all, if anything goes wrong.

Well, darn, that kinda sucks. I last installed a world before everything went all wonky, but I uninstalled that, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Guess I'll just have to search up where I got my stuff. Issue is I'm not sure what store packs I downloaded to use certain items, so I'm gonna have to go in a big searchfest for that. Part of me just wants to put everything up and combine it. Not sure how much lag that'll introduce to my game sadly... last time I tried that was when showtime was out and... well... Everything kinda went down the drain and lagged like hell. Also, the one issue I have with having to use .sims3packs is that a few items I use are from TSR, and that's simpack only, I think. And I don't know if there's a way to convert them.

Either way, thanks. I'll keep this stuff saved though incase someone goes and says there's an easier way than just redownloading something.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I never merged any of my store content when I had it. If I merge it all into one megahuge package file, how do you guys think my game would fare? Should I go and do it for scientific reasons?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:15

This could help with the speed of your game...
Try merging them with CC Magic! Wink

Last edited by Shamrock on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 13:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 12:32

Alright, this issue has been coming up more lately. I know for a fact it's DCCache because everytime I delete that, then reinstall my store content/worlds/whatever, it all begins working again. Issue is, I can boot the game up twice, before having to repeat this process. It's literally the most annoying thing I've ever done. Anyone know any tips for this? How I can tell what's making it go wrong?

I was thinking of uninstalling/reinstalling, but I doubt that'll work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Aug 2013, 18:28

ScottAsher wrote:Alright, this issue has been coming up more lately. I know for a fact it's DCCache because everytime I delete that, then reinstall my store content/worlds/whatever, it all begins working again. Issue is, I can boot the game up twice, before having to repeat this process. It's literally the most annoying thing I've ever done. Anyone know any tips for this? How I can tell what's making it go wrong?

I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering such problems; of course, in an "ideal" world, you only have to install ".sims3pack" files once.

Do you remember where you got your stuff from ?

Other than that, please try to play on for a while without any CC; see if you encounter the same problem again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Aug 2013, 20:29

Carlos G. wrote:
ScottAsher wrote:Alright, this issue has been coming up more lately. I know for a fact it's DCCache because everytime I delete that, then reinstall my store content/worlds/whatever, it all begins working again. Issue is, I can boot the game up twice, before having to repeat this process. It's literally the most annoying thing I've ever done. Anyone know any tips for this? How I can tell what's making it go wrong?

I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering such problems; of course, in an "ideal" world, you only have to install ".sims3pack" files once.

Other than that, please try to play on for a while without any CC; see if you encounter the same problem again.
In a perfect world, Sims 3 wouldn't be buggy and lagging 50% of the time.

I tried playing without CC, and most if not all was obtained through Paysitesmustbedestroyed and store content. Only thing that wasn't is stuff I installed way before this began happening.

Now content is just randomly not installing.

I'm gonna have to uninstall/reinstall this, aren't I?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 08 Aug 2013, 01:17

ScottAsher wrote:
Carlos G. wrote:

In a perfect world, Sims 3 wouldn't be buggy and lagging 50% of the time.

I tried playing without CC, and most if not all was obtained through Paysitesmustbedestroyed and store content. Only thing that wasn't is stuff I installed way before this began happening.

Now content is just randomly not installing.

I'm gonna have to uninstall/reinstall this, aren't I?

Hello,

While Paysitemustbedestroyed can't even guarantee the safety of CC, I suggest you delete the contents of DCCache and try the following:
Can't boot up game, hangs on black screen, issue with DCCache? [SOLVED] 50pFlowv2
Literally this will cost you a lot of time, but it's the fastest way to solve the problem. Before that though, I suggest you delete downloadedsims.index in [user folder]\savedSims.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 17:52

Huh... deleting downloadedsims.index seems to have fixed it.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 18:51

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 08 Aug 2013, 20:47

ScottAsher wrote:In a perfect world, Sims 3 wouldn't be buggy and lagging 50% of the time.
(...)

I never intended to say anything else.

Besides: I can actually run my Sims 3 game quite well, it's very much a matter of "knowing your way through the maze".

And one way through the maze is the following here (to elaborate on what cat2006house already hinted at): the only ".sims3packs" you can really trust is the official store content, as radical as it sounds.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top