Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 hangs at initial loading screen, causes my PC to lock up. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 hangs at initial loading screen, causes my PC to lock up. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 hangs at initial loading screen, causes my PC to lock up. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018, 05:38

I'm new here.  Hi! First post and stuff...

Essentially, my problem is as the title states, and the same as posted here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32322-sims-4-freezes-at-first-loading-screen#
But to increase chances of getting a response, I will make a new post instead of relying on an older one.

I followed the 'how to install the Sims 4 correctly' guide exactly, downloading and installing all available DLC, and switching out for the new 'Game' folder, and moving my game install to Program Files x86. I even downloaded the latest Laundry Day pack (which is what I assume messed it up based on my limited knowledge, I'll try reinstalling the game without that but I'm posting here just in case).

Upon first launching the game, I got as far as the main menu before it froze when displaying the new DLC installed. From memory, it froze at 'parenthood' stuff, though I wasn't paying that much attention. My computer then became unresponsive. Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL caused my monitors to turn black, at which point my only option was to go over to the wall and switch it off there. So after restarting, I tried launching again, but the same problem occured, except this time, I didn't get as far as the main menu. It continues to freeze at the first loading screen and hangs my PC when I try to escape from the window.

Like I said, I'll try re-installing the game without Laundry Day stuff, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
I'd like this resolved before I lose the last of my sanity, if at all possible.

(Oh, and if it matters, my system is running Windows 10.)

UPDATE: Okay, so I have reinstalled the game with no Laundry Day stuff pack, and it seems to boot fine. I'm redownloading Laundry Day just in case the download was corrupted the first time, so I'll install it again and see if the fault actually does lie there or if I accidentally messed something up along the way.

FINAL UPDATE: So, I'm not sure what actually ended up happening. Maybe one of the torrents was corrupted the first time, but a fresh download and install of everything fixed my problem.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 00:00; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : updated information)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 hangs at initial loading screen, causes my PC to lock up. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 hangs at initial loading screen, causes my PC to lock up. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jan 2018, 20:28

Sorry for the late reply @enderstorm,

Good to hear you managed to fix the issue on your own! Very Happy  Did you use WinRAR for extraction (the very first time)?

And when you re-downloaded the item, did you use another torrent client?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 hangs at initial loading screen, causes my PC to lock up. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 hangs at initial loading screen, causes my PC to lock up. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Feb 2018, 23:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Sorry for the late reply @enderstorm,

Good to hear you managed to fix the issue on your own! Very Happy  Did you use WinRAR for extraction (the very first time)?

And when you re-downloaded the item, did you use another torrent client?
I used 7-zip for both instances.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Feb 2018, 00:00

enderstorm wrote:I used 7-zip for both instances.

Alright then; but for the future please make sure to use WinRAR for extraction, if you use Games4theworld's torrents. The .rar file format is the default format we are using, and we generally ask users to use the same program for unpacking the stuff - which is WinRAR.

I'm not saying 7-zip is totally unsuited, but for maximum reliability, we recommend using WinRAR.

Have fun again, and feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need more help. Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top