Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

also having black screen issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

also having black screen issue Empty also having black screen issue

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 23:08

Hi long time user first time poster...
Up until a few days ago I was playing the sims fine...I got the super patch and download into the future and movie stuff. Now I get the black loading screen. I let it sit for about an hour still nothing. I had to do the "control alt delet" to get out of the screen.

I did the fix...my patch is up to date. I did the 4gb thing, added the games to the DEP, everything your site said to do. I need help. I even uninstalled the last two games and reinstalled. I have cc but no mods.

Back to top Go down

also having black screen issue Empty Re: also having black screen issue

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 19 Nov 2013, 23:30

Hello,

Did you follow every step accurately that is located here?:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Did you apply the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix like the steps tell you to do?  You mentioned you used the 'super patch', and I can only assume you are talking about the Manual Patch?  It's super important that you follow those steps before any others!  

There are also two other things I recommend:

1.  Open the Ultimate Fix.rar file if you have it still on your pc, open the .pdf file within and find out what date it says.  If it says 31-10-2013 then you're fine and you have the updated Ultimate Fix.  If not, please re-download it from a mirror link provided in the link above.
2.  Please try running the game WITHOUT mods OR Custom Content. You can just drag and drop any folder/s to your desktop and boot the game up that way.  It makes it a little easier, as you know where the folder containing your CC is.

Let me know your progress.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 23:37

the fix pdf file says it was updated 10/23/13 I will try to run the game without cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 19 Nov 2013, 23:39

astigall wrote:the fix pdf file says it was updated 10/23/13 I will try to run the game without cc
Your Ultimate Fix is outdated then.  The newest one released was 31-10-2013.  Please re-download the Fix from the link I provided earlier (download the MIRROR one!).  Then reapply the Fix to your game so that way you can boot it up and test it.  It should fix your problems!

Happy Simming!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 04:03

I did the fix but still get the black screen. I even uninstall "into the future"... It was working before that

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 20 Nov 2013, 04:05

astigall wrote:I did the fix but still get the black screen. I even uninstall "into the future"... It was working before that
Did you download the UPDATED version of the Fix, like I said?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 04:36

ok fixed the problem. it was " into the future". once i uninstalled it and patched it the game started working! I hate that i can't play in the future though:cry:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2013, 12:24

astigall wrote:Hi long time user first time poster...
Up until a few days ago I was playing the sims fine...I got the super patch and download into the future and movie stuff. Now I get the black loading screen. I let it sit for about an hour still nothing. I had to do the "control alt delet" to get out of the screen.

I did the fix...my patch is up to date. I did the 4gb thing, added the games to the DEP, everything your site said to do. I need help. I even uninstalled the last two games and reinstalled. I have cc but no mods.
Hello,

I'm not sure if your problem is exactly the same as the one from this user here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14295-ts3-black-screen-nothing-working-solved

But can you have a look at my suggestions there, still ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top