Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Loading Screens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Town Loading Screens Empty Town Loading Screens

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 00:21

Hi, so I've downloaded all the expansions and applied the cracks/updates/ultimate fix what have you. But every time I choose a new town it goes into the loading screen and then the loading bar stops half-way through and the tip stays the same, but the game isn't frozen because the loading circle thing is still going and I don't know what's causing it.

I have no cc/mods or anything like that either.

Back to top Go down

Town Loading Screens Empty Re: Town Loading Screens

Post by J.T. Sun 28 Jul 2013, 02:26

Hello,

Can you delete the following caches and try again:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 09:05

I did all of that, and still no luck. I also didn't have a "WorldCaches" folder either.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jul 2013, 09:18

levimcn2 wrote:I did all of that, and still no luck. I also didn't have a "WorldCaches" folder either.

Not having the "WorldCaches" folder is not a drama, it appears only on Windows systems (not on Macs), if you have one of the "downloadable worlds" installed (Dragon Valley, Aurora Skies, etc.) or if you have actually played in one particular world already.

Back to your problem: I suggest you re-boot your computer at first. After that, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" in any way you like (keep in mind that this will temporarily also remove any previous savefiles - but we'll get to that later).

Now start the game again and see if anything changed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 09:53

Did what you said, still doesn't work. I'm not too sure what's causing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jul 2013, 10:22

levimcn2 wrote:Did what you said, still doesn't work. I'm not too sure what's causing it.

By renaming the folder "The Sims 3" we have basically ruled out any problems with possibly corrupt savefiles or incompatible mods/CC. Which means there aren't that many options left.

I have to ask that: is your computer strong enough to handle the game ? And are your graphics drivers up-to-date ? You might even post some system specifications here.

In the main menu of the game, go to the in-game options and lower all your graphics settings. Maybe that can help you too.

Other than that, you can also try to do a clean un-install of your Sims 3 games; for a start, have a look at this here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

If nothing of this works, then I'm afraid I have no other explanation for this (besides possible hardware issues).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 10:25

Actually my computer can handing The Sims 3 about 10 times over. I've had no issue with this in the past. I think it may have something to do with the new update or the Island Paradise expansion. I'll do a clean uninstall and the reinstall the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 28 Jul 2013, 10:29

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jul 2013, 10:31

levimcn2 wrote:Actually my computer can handing The Sims 3 about 10 times over. I've had no issue with this in the past. I think it may have something to do with the new update or the Island Paradise expansion. I'll do a clean uninstall and the reinstall the game.

Maybe it has to do with the new patch 1.55, but I can't confirm that.

Many people have reported problems with their launchers, but many seem to be able to start their game with the TS3W.exe (located in the base game location: C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin). You might try that too, if you haven't done so already. You can also right-click on the file and choose "Run as Administrator".

Maybe your loading problem is linked to this issue too.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 19:57

I've uninstalled and re installed everything. Still no luck. And I've had no problem using the launcher and when I launch using TS3W.exe I still get the same thing. Also the town loading bar gets half-way then I minimize the game to my desktop (I run Windows 7) then it crashes, and by crash I mean not respond in the task manager.

EDIT:

Also when I'm applying the fix, should I be doing all of the expansions or just the #crack? I've been applying the fix for all the expansions in the folder (Basically just following the .pdf file in there.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jul 2013, 20:59

levimcn2 wrote:I've uninstalled and re installed everything. Still no luck. And I've had no problem using the launcher and when I launch using TS3W.exe I still get the same thing. Also the town loading bar gets half-way then I minimize the game to my desktop (I run Windows 7) then it crashes, and by crash I mean not respond in the task manager.

EDIT:

Also when I'm applying the fix, should I be doing all of the expansions or just the #crack? I've been applying the fix for all the expansions in the folder (Basically just following the .pdf file in there.)

If you update your game with the "manual patch", then it's enough to use the two files that are in the #crack folder of the "Ultimate fix".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 23:38

So I've re-installed everything (again) except for Island Paradise and the latest update. Everything looks fine except everything is blank. The menus, the drop-down stuff as well.

EDIT: When I try and install the 1.55 patch I get this:

Town Loading Screens IvIfevE

So I'm stumped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:36

Try this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 20:48

I've fixed it, it turns out the patch was corrupted and I just had to redownload it in a different browser.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 30 Jul 2013, 03:22

Is there anything else we could help you out with right now? Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 05:55

Hi, I'm having the same type of problem although my town loads to 99% and never loads up. I've deleted the cache files, custom content, moved the Sims 3 folder out and tried it fresh, reinstalled the game, applied the fix but all to no avail, towns still at 99% loaded. Everything was working fine before on version 1.50.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 30 Jul 2013, 07:29

strike95 wrote:Hi, I'm having the same type of problem although my town loads to 99% and never loads up. I've deleted the cache files, custom content, moved the Sims 3 folder out and tried it fresh, reinstalled the game, applied the fix but all to no avail, towns still at 99% loaded. Everything was working fine before on version 1.50.

Hello,

Please open another topic so that we can answer your question.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 23:49

invalidusername wrote:Is there anything else we could help you out with right now? Smile

Actually yes, whenever I go to play a family I click on the checkmark that says "Play this household now!" then it goes blank along with the back arrow button.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 01:40

Hello,

Did you see the loading circle after clicking the checkmark?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down