Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

45 minute loading screens, and LAG for days. Have to uninstall if theres no fix :/

View previous topic View next topic Go down

45 minute loading screens, and LAG for days. Have to uninstall if theres no fix :/ Empty 45 minute loading screens, and LAG for days. Have to uninstall if theres no fix :/

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 05:32

Installed the game and all of the expansions. Followed EVERY step, every guide, every fix thread, tried everything you guys have given us and nothing works. The loading screen that takes you to the town is about a 45 minute wait. I have a super gaming computer that I put together last year with updated drivers that should have no problem running any of this. I run the game through the booster,windowed mode, graphics all the wat down, vert sync, even dedicated 12 gigs of RAM to the game intself. After the 45 minute loading screen it goes to the town and everything is SUPER laggy, if I make a character its SUPER laggy. I've tried 2 days straight now and it just won't work. Guess I gotta fork up $300 and go buy all the games :/

Back to top Go down

45 minute loading screens, and LAG for days. Have to uninstall if theres no fix :/ Empty Re: 45 minute loading screens, and LAG for days. Have to uninstall if theres no fix :/

Post by invalidusername Wed 23 Jan 2013, 05:52

You wouldn't get a different result from buying the games. Maybe your computer just can't handle all of the expansions. The sims is an odd game, and though a computer can run Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, and Saint's Row the Third (just off the top of my head), all at the same time with perfect graphics and no lag at all, it may have trouble running the sims. So I would recommend uninstalling the expansions and stuff packs you don't use and testing after each one to see if the performance is better.

Also, do you have any mods or cc in your game? Those can cause A LOT of lag.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

45 minute loading screens, and LAG for days. Have to uninstall if theres no fix :/ Empty Re: 45 minute loading screens, and LAG for days. Have to uninstall if theres no fix :/

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 06:26

No mods or anything custom. Purely the game and expansions. At one point i had 8 expansions installed and it ran fine, when i installed the others thats when the lag began. I uninstalled those that I installed after the lag occured, but now the game is still just bleh.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 23 Jan 2013, 06:29

It could be patch level then. 1.42 and 1.47 have a lot of issues that sprouted up after being installed.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 06:55

I was using 1.47. How do I install the expansions without updating?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top