Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backing up all Custom Contents

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Backing up all Custom Contents Empty Backing up all Custom Contents

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 16:58

Hi, I don't really know what section to post this, so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong section.

I recently cleared my DCCache and Downloads Folder. But I found out that I accidentally deleted my back up of the custom contents. Is there any way for me to back up all my custom contents in case I need to reformat or reinstall the game? Cos it's quite a lot and some of them might not be available anymore. I hope anyone can help?

Back to top Go down

Backing up all Custom Contents Empty Re: Backing up all Custom Contents

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Jul 2013, 20:22

redkimchi wrote:Hi, I don't really know what section to post this, so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong section.

I recently cleared my DCCache and Downloads Folder. But I found out that I accidentally deleted my back up of the custom contents. Is there any way for me to back up all my custom contents in case I need to reformat or reinstall the game? Cos it's quite a lot and some of them might not be available anymore. I hope anyone can help?

Hello,

First of all, normally, you're not supposed to "clear" the DCCache and the Downloads folders - unless there is a problem with (un-)installing ".sims3pack" files.

And the easiest way to back up your custom content and savefiles too is to copy the folder "The Sims 3" (located in My documents/Electronic Arts) onto an external hard-drive or a portable USB device.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 18:36

Oh I correct myself, it's DCBackup I cleared and Downloads folder. So is there a way for me to back it up still? or even if they are not there, when I reinstall the game but still use the old "The Sims 3 Folder, the itens would still be there?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Aug 2013, 18:40

redkimchi wrote:Oh I correct myself, it's DCBackup I cleared and Downloads folder. So is there a way for me to back it up still? or even if they are not there, when I reinstall the game but still use the old "The Sims 3 Folder, the itens would still be there?

Theoretically it could be enough to just have the folders "DCCache" and "Installed Worlds", but please, try out yourself.

Yes, backup the whole "The Sims 3" folder - and later on, put that folder back in.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:35

I still hope there is a way. I'm scared to risk losing my custom contents Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 16:37

Kind of random. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Any package file you have is stored there, so you'll be sure to get them back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top