Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - FPS Drop every 5 seconds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - FPS Drop every 5 seconds Empty Sims 3 - FPS Drop every 5 seconds

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 02:08

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the title, my problem is: Anywhere (on any town/city/location) at anytime (day/night) and at any game speed (normal, faster, fastest) I play the Sims 3, I get FPS drop. When I say FPS drop, they are big: I go from 50-60 FPS to 20 and sometimes 1, but it only last half a second or 1 second. That wouldn't be that bad to get some FPS drop sometimes, but the real problem is I encounter those drops every 4-6 seconds when I scroll, rotate camera AND even when I don't move at all. The problem in any mode: Play mode, buy mode, construct mode, edit mode and even in loading screens. I tried putting the video settings to the lowest (even with the lowest resolution), disabled/enabled VSync with the Nvidia control panel (settings) but the problem still persists. I'm out of ideas as I tried many solutions but none of them worked so far.

Information that could help:

About my computer (nothing is OC'ed):

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX Plus
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (non TI, from Asus) 1GB GDDR5
CPU: AMD FX-6200 (six cores, 3.8GHz)
Monitor: Asus VS 228 (1920x1080, 60Hz)

About my Sims:

- I got the latest update
- Here are all the expansion packs I got installed (I, of course, got the base game installed): Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life and Island Paradise.
- I don't have any mod installed
- I don't have any custom content installed
- I installed the Ultimate fix and the crack
- The base game and all of the listed expansions above come from your website

If you got any questions, I invite you to ask them and if you got any suggestion, I please you to reveal it to me. Very Happy

Last edited by Mrgunzo on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 02:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention my OS)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - FPS Drop every 5 seconds Empty Re: Sims 3 - FPS Drop every 5 seconds

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 17:53

Mrgunzo wrote:Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the title, my problem is: Anywhere (on any town/city/location) at anytime (day/night) and at any game speed (normal, faster, fastest) I play the Sims 3, I get FPS drop. When I say FPS drop, they are big: I go from 50-60 FPS to 20 and sometimes 1, but it only last half a second or 1 second. That wouldn't be that bad to get some FPS drop sometimes, but the real problem is I encounter those drops every 4-6 seconds when I scroll, rotate camera AND even when I don't move at all. The problem in any mode: Play mode, buy mode, construct mode, edit mode and even in loading screens. I tried putting the video settings to the lowest (even with the lowest resolution), disabled/enabled VSync with the Nvidia control panel (settings) but the problem still persists. I'm out of ideas as I tried many solutions but none of them worked so far.

Hello,

What about your in-game graphics settings (in the options menu) ? Have you also tried lowering them too ?

Also, does this happen when you create a new savegame too ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 18:08

Hi,

I tried lowering them but no change at all.

It does happen too when I create a new save game.

I forgot to mention that I get some lags too when I click on my sim. (for interactions)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Aug 2013, 21:11

Mrgunzo wrote:Hi,

I tried lowering them but no change at all.

It does happen too when I create a new save game.

I forgot to mention that I get some lags too when I click on my sim. (for interactions)

Do you actually experience similar problems with other games, or does that only happen with The Sims 3 ?

Theoretically, you could try to make some space on your main hard-drive (if you haven't done that already) and especially defragment the drive.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Aug 2013, 01:16

It only happens with The Sims 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top