Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Freezes every few seconds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Freezes every few seconds Empty Sims 3 Freezes every few seconds

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 05:20

Hi there, Okay so I've searched around for some hours and can't seem to find a solution. I tried uploading a pic of my computer specs but I don't think it uploaded. I'm running windows 7 64-bit 4.00 GB (3.87 GB usable) Service Pack 1.

I have expansion packs Late Night, World Adv, Into the Future, Pets and just today downloaded Ambitions. I have a couple of stuff packs. No mods, no custom content. Today I downloaded 4 things from the sims3 store, just objects. I'm not sure if these are custom content.

Suddenly today my daughters game started freezing every few seconds. After I changed her dogs traits and she placed the new lots that come with Ambitions in the town. The game was running fine this morning. The freezing doesn't happen with my game, just her game and I placed the lots in my town as well. Both our games are in Riverview.

I tried resetsim and resetsim (name). I lowered the graphics in options, and restarted game. Although the graphics being set on high didn't seem to cause any problems before. I also cleared the cache.package files in bin folder aswell as dcbackup and featured items. I tried to play without internet connected and I disabled my anti virus shields and also stopped some background programs after restarting computer.

Tried to play again, but still freezes. I did come across the 4GB patch to apply in the .exe but I found a forum that said there was no need for this patch since the latest patch that has been released. I'm not that computer savvy so all of this confuses me.

I do have a few games saved in the saves folder. I'm not even sure if that matters, but it seems I'm stuck and not sure what to do now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Edit: Problem is still happening after I tried gamebooster as well. Its weird, my game is fine but my daughters isn't.
I also forgot to mention that in build mode we get an object that appears sometimes. It's huge and looks like a big ugly metal thing. I did the cheat code to delete it, but it comes back. I'm wondering if I might have to re install everything, I just don't want to lose our households and homes IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Last edited by Leahbeth74 on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 01:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tried new things to fix problem but problem still there. Also forgot to mention another problem)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Freezes every few seconds Empty Re: Sims 3 Freezes every few seconds

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Mar 2015, 14:27

Leahbeth74 wrote:Hi there, Okay so I've searched around for some hours and can't seem to find a solution. I tried uploading a pic of my computer specs but I don't think it uploaded. I'm running windows 7 64-bit 4.00 GB (3.87 GB usable) Service Pack 1.

I have expansion packs Late Night, World Adv, Into the Future, Pets and just today downloaded Ambitions. I have a couple of stuff packs. No mods, no custom content. Today I downloaded 4 things from the sims3 store, just objects. I'm not sure if these are custom content.

Suddenly today my daughters game started freezing every few seconds. After I changed her dogs traits and she placed the new lots that come with Ambitions in the town. The game was running fine this morning. The freezing doesn't happen with my game, just her game and I placed the lots in my town as well. Both our games are in Riverview.

I tried resetsim and resetsim (name). I lowered the graphics in options, and restarted game. Although the graphics being set on high didn't seem to cause any problems before. I also cleared the cache.package files in bin folder aswell as dcbackup and featured items. I tried to play without internet connected and I disabled my anti virus shields and also stopped some background programs after restarting computer.

Tried to play again, but still freezes. I did come across the 4GB patch to apply in the .exe but I found a forum that said there was no need for this patch since the latest patch that has been released. I'm not that computer savvy so all of this confuses me.

I do have a few games saved in the saves folder. I'm not even sure if that matters, but it seems I'm stuck and not sure what to do now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Edit: Problem is still happening after I tried gamebooster as well. Its weird, my game is fine but my daughters isn't.
I also forgot to mention that in build mode we get an object that appears sometimes. It's huge and looks like a big ugly metal thing. I did the cheat code to delete it, but it comes back. I'm wondering if I might have to re install everything, I just don't want to lose our households and homes IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Hello and welcome to our forum,

Not sure if it's a 'technical' problem in your daughter's case, but we'll see. For now, please apply the 4GB patch to the TS3W.exe, in the base game location (usually in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin). 

Beyond that, try this classic trick: go into "edit town"-mode (in your daughter's game), and save her sim(s) into the bin. Make a new save - maybe in a new town, if you want - and put her sims from the bin into that new save. And then play on and see if anything improved. Good luck for now and keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top