Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't turn into a PlantSim?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't turn into a PlantSim? Empty Can't turn into a PlantSim?

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 13:05

So I've had University Life installed for quite a while and played it, but I never dabbled with the PlantSims until now. I've had my sim make an ordinary seed into a forbidden fruit seed with the help of the Gene Splicing Experiment, and then I had him plant it in the backyard of the Fraternity house. Four sim days later, he picked up the forbidden fruit plant and ate it, but the Botanitis Minorus moodlet didn't appear. It's a good thing I saved the game before he ate it, so I tried doing this a couple more times, but it still it didn't work! What's going on?

P.S. I used Master Controller to quickly gain some Science/Gardening skills in order to do this.

Last edited by invalidusername on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed font color from black to blue (so everyone can read it, but it's still emphasized))

Back to top Go down

Can't turn into a PlantSim? Empty Re: Can't turn into a PlantSim?

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 14:17

Hello,

Do you have any mods? Take the Mods folder out in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and test. This problem is mostly caused by conflicting mods.

Last edited by cat2006house on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 17:46; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 17:12

I already did, but it didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 17:15

Hello,

Have you tried to rename this: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? Remember to drag and drop the saves to the new folder afterwards!
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Jul 2013, 20:08

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Have you tried to rename this: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? Remember to drag and drop the saves to the new folder afterwards!

Hello,

If you ask me, that's FAR too much for a minor bug Wink  I will look into that myself, but my first guess that this is just another small bug, which has to be fixed with a future patch.

As far as I'm concerned, I would not go through the hassle of renaming that folder, and finding out what exactly causes this. Remember: actually renaming the folder and searching the cause for a problem can be a VERY time-consuming task.

//EDIT

You need to ask yourself (from a pragmatic point of view): is it actually worth it, going through all the hassle ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 20:22

You're right, it's not worth it. Although it's disappointing to know that I can't have a PlantSim. I was actually looking forward to it. 

If it's just a small bug that needs to be fixed with a patch, then why am I the only one who's dealing with this? I've tried looking up for people who had the same problem, and I found none.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:35

Have you looked for any mods that could change the occult of you sim, to force a plantsim once you have met all the requirements (If you don't want to be super cheaty and just have them become one whenever)? I know Master Controller, by NRaas, can change a sims occult status, and there are probably others, if you don't want all the extra things that come with that mod.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:45

happysimming wrote:You're right, it's not worth it. Although it's disappointing to know that I can't have a PlantSim. I was actually looking forward to it. 

If it's just a small bug that needs to be fixed with a patch, then why am I the only one who's dealing with this? I've tried looking up for people who had the same problem, and I found none.

invalidusername wrote:Have you looked for any mods that could change the occult of you sim, to force a plantsim once you have met all the requirements (If you don't want to be super cheaty and just have them become one whenever)? I know Master Controller, by NRaas, can change a sims occult status, and there are probably others, if you don't want all the extra things that come with that mod.

Before you try the method with the NRAAS MasterController though, it would be a good idea to backup your savefiles to another place. You'll find them in

My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves/(Name of your savefile).sims3
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 23:43

maybe its cause he is at college and not at home?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 02 Aug 2013, 01:59

mystichaze wrote:maybe its cause he is at college and not at home?

Hello,

No I don't think this is the problem. I have one of my sims transform into a PlantSim once in the University.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Aug 2013, 18:00

invalidusername wrote:Have you looked for any mods that could change the occult of you sim, to force a plantsim once you have met all the requirements (If you don't want to be super cheaty and just have them become one whenever)? I know Master Controller, by NRaas, can change a sims occult status, and there are probably others, if you don't want all the extra things that come with that mod.

You mean I can change him into a PlantSim with Master Controller?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 04 Aug 2013, 08:12

You should be able to, yes. Apparently you need to also have the "Cheats" add-on for master controller also. Then, it will be in "Intermediate-->Occult:Add-->Plantsim". I haven't actually been able to check on whether or not Plantsim is considered an occult stage by the mod, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 16:39

It worked, he turned into a PlantSim. But the needs are still the same. He could leave a path of flowers and could do the "flower kiss", but that's it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Aug 2013, 16:42

happysimming wrote:It worked, he turned into a PlantSim. But the needs are still the same. He could leave a path of flowers and could do the "flower kiss", but that's it.

Hello again,

I would in that case try to turn your sim back to normal, and I hope your savegame didn't get messed up with that "PlantSim experiment".

You did make a backup of your savegame, just in case something goes wrong ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 17:08

Carlos G. wrote:
happysimming wrote:It worked, he turned into a PlantSim. But the needs are still the same. He could leave a path of flowers and could do the "flower kiss", but that's it.

Hello again,

I would in that case try to turn your sim back to normal, and I hope your savegame didn't get messed up with that "PlantSim experiment".

You did make a backup of your savegame, just in case something goes wrong ?

No, instead of changing him back to normal, I just exited the game without saving. I think I'll give up on the PlantSim thing, at least I got the gist of it.

However, I've never used backup before, so I would like to know how to do that since I'm planning on uninstalling a few EPs. Because of that, I want to backup a couple of saved games, just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Aug 2013, 17:42

happysimming wrote:No, instead of changing him back to normal, I just exited the game without saving. I think I'll give up on the PlantSim thing, at least I got the gist of it.

However, I've never used backup before, so I would like to know how to do that since I'm planning on uninstalling a few EPs. Because of that, I want to backup a couple of saved games, just in case.

You want to un-install several EP's ? In that case, backing up things is a bit more complicated:

- Generally, if you un-install an EP/SP and your savegame uses items from it, keep in mind that when you load your backup save, these items (from the un-installed games) will be gone. And if your savegame was saved in a world which "doesn't exist anymore" (because it came with an EP that you un-installed), you can't load your savegame at all.

- If your sim is a "supernatural" (vampire, witch, fairy or whatever) and you un-install the "Supernatural" EP, you might run into trouble.

These are the most obvious things that come to my mind now. The savefiles are located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Backup the whole "Saves" folder to a safe place.

I would, however, also consider backing up the whole "The Sims 3" folder (in My Documents/Electronic Arts). That way you will also backup your installed mods, ".sims3pack" custom content and even your in-game settings.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 23:17

So I have to make a copy of the Saves folder and/or the Sims 3 folder, and drag them to the desktop?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 05 Aug 2013, 01:56

happysimming wrote:So I have to make a copy of the Saves folder and/or the Sims 3 folder, and drag them to the desktop?

Hello,

Yes you are right.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 07:41

Ok, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top