Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tried everything, getting a turn off origin then a turn on origin sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tried everything, getting a turn off origin then a turn on origin sims 4 Empty tried everything, getting a turn off origin then a turn on origin sims 4

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2017, 13:48

ok so i downloaded the sims 4 a couple months ago unfortunately something happened and i was unable to play it ever again so i uninstalled it.
forward to last night, i re-downloaded the base game and the three expansion packs unfortunately i had problems with the microsoft virtual c thing during the installation of the base game and after it was downloaded i kept getting an error about origin running and to turn it off(during that time i had no trace of origin on my computer) so i tried opening every sims.exe until it finally opened and when i was taken to the create a sim menu there were problems with the sims features (white/red and question marks) so i uninstalled and re-installed and the same thing happened again, frustrated i downloaded origin and i began getting the error for origin except this time it told me to turn it on. and if it was turned on the error told me to turn it off. AGAIN frustrated i looked online to see what i can do- from moving the mod folder in documents to ONCE MORE uninstalling and re-installing. i would also add that my antivirus was not and is not running during the whole time. anyways, i then downloaded the Your Uninstaller program and wiped everything related to Sims and re-downloaded the base game and expansion packs and started over. there were no errors during the base installation even in game and there are no errors at start up or in game after installing the Get To Work expansion pack. However, once i installed the Get Together expansion pack i got the same error again- origin not running. I'd also like to add i wiped Origin off my computer. So- i dont know what to do and i dont know what's causing it. can anyone help?

Back to top Go down

tried everything, getting a turn off origin then a turn on origin sims 4 Empty Re: tried everything, getting a turn off origin then a turn on origin sims 4

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Jan 2017, 16:01

bunniix wrote:ok so i downloaded the sims 4 a couple months ago unfortunately something happened and i was unable to play it ever again so i uninstalled it.
forward to last night, i re-downloaded the base game and the three expansion packs unfortunately i had problems with the microsoft virtual c thing during the installation of the base game and after it was downloaded i kept getting an error about origin running and to turn it off(during that time i had no trace of origin on my computer) so i tried opening every sims.exe until it finally opened and when i was taken to the create a sim menu there were problems with the sims features (white/red and question marks) so i uninstalled and re-installed and the same thing happened again, frustrated i downloaded origin and i began getting the error for origin except this time it told me to turn it on. and if it was turned on the error told me to turn it off. AGAIN frustrated i looked online to see what i can do- from moving the mod folder in documents to ONCE MORE uninstalling and re-installing. i would also add that my antivirus was not and is not running during the whole time. anyways, i then downloaded the Your Uninstaller program and wiped everything related to Sims and re-downloaded the base game and expansion packs and started over. there were no errors during the base installation even in game and there are no errors at start up or in game after installing the Get To Work expansion pack. However, once i installed the Get Together expansion pack i got the same error again- origin not running. I'd also like to add i wiped Origin off my computer. So- i dont know what to do and i dont know what's causing it. can anyone help?

Hello @bunniix and welcome to the Forum,

First of all: you do NOT need Origin to run the cracked game. Secondly, if you want to start up the cracked game you must be signed out of Origin and all Origin-related windows (including the log-on screen) must be closed.

That said, a million things can cause the error you are having. Did you extract the contents of the .rar downlaods, with WinRAR, for example?

Also, did you move the install folder of The Sims 4, directly under C:\Program files (x86) ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

tried everything, getting a turn off origin then a turn on origin sims 4 Empty Re: tried everything, getting a turn off origin then a turn on origin sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2017, 17:56

When you have a 64-bits Windows, did you try to start the game from
Your installationfolder (like Program Files/The Sims 4) open folders Game, Bin and then TS4_x86.exe

Alternative:
Rightclick on the shortcut for the game on your desktop
Choose something that looks like open file location (sorry, my windows is in Dutch), probably directly under Open
Then you'll see a file TS4_x64.exe, start your game by clicking on it.

And yes, like @The_gh0stm4n stated, your installation folder should not be in a folder named Origin Games and/or Electronic Arts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2017, 17:50

I no longer have origin on my computer. also yes, i extracted the folders with WinRAR. and yes the items were moved to the (86x) folders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top