Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 install files missing from download. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 install files missing from download. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 install files missing from download. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 16:41

Hello! I downloaded The Sims 3 and I only got the Sims 3 Start Disk.iso. On the site it says that it should have a The Sims 3 Disk 1.iso but I didn't get it in the .rar . I downloaded 3 times and still the same thing. I don't know what to do Sad. Please help. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 install files missing from download. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 install files missing from download. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 16:52

Hello,

It may mean your download is corrupted. Did you download it via uTorrent or BitTorrent? Did you clear all the data of the torrent before redownloading?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 install files missing from download. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 install files missing from download. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 17:29

I downloaded it with uTorrent. I cleared Private Data if that's the right one. Other than that I don't know any way of clear data.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 17:43

Hello,

Can you try to following:

Copy the folder where you stored your finished torrent (the zip file) to a different file location and remove all data of the torrent in uTorrent panel. Then, redownload the base game torrent from G4TW and save it to the same folder. Right-click the torrent in uTorrent panel and attempt a force recheck.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 19:33

I tried the Force Re-check after downloading again and deleted data before but still the same thing. I keep missing files from the .rar Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Jul 2013, 20:42

Lavander93 wrote:I tried the Force Re-check after downloading again and deleted data before but still the same thing. I keep missing files from the .rar Sad

Hello,

Have you already tried to re-extract the contents of the .RAR file ?

Also, you could try downloading it with another torrent client.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 20:44

Yes,I extracted the content of the .rar and I still didn't get all the files. I tried using BitTorrent also,but the same thing. I don't know other torrent client than these two.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Jul 2013, 20:53

Lavander93 wrote:Yes,I extracted the content of the .rar and I still didn't get all the files. I tried using BitTorrent also,but the same thing. I don't know other torrent client than these two.

One possibility could be "BitComet". But this problem is very strange; I've been downloading all my stuff with uTorrent for many years now, and I never had any problems with that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:26

Do you have winRar? If so, open up the .rar, and see if the file is in there to start with. If it's not, you may have to try getting the base game from another source, sadly.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 01 Aug 2013, 04:03

invalidusername wrote:Do you have winRar? If so, open up the .rar, and see if the file is in there to start with. If it's not, you may have to try getting the base game from another source, sadly.

Hello,

WinRAR may be the only way to properly extract files. Other tools may mess your files up.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 08:51

invalidusername wrote:Do you have winRar? If so, open up the .rar, and see if the file is in there to start with. If it's not, you may have to try getting the base game from another source, sadly.

I have WinRar,but still missing the files when I open with it. I'm also trying to download from another source.

EDIT : Downloaded with BitComet and all the files seems to be in the .rar now Smile. Thank you everyone for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 01 Aug 2013, 09:56

Hello,

This is the weirdest case I've ever seen. We will leave this topic open until you have no problems with the installation of The Sims 3.

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 11:49; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 11:45

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

This is the weird case I've ever seen. We will leave this topic open until you have no problems with the installation of The Sims 3.

Hello! The installation went fine and the game seems to be working. Thank you again for all your help! I love you

Helper edit: good to hear that. Topic closed.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top