Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused on how to properly patch. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confused on how to properly patch. [SOLVED] Empty Confused on how to properly patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 21:17

Hello! So basically, I have installed The Sims 3 base game (bought), and I downloaded a couple of expansions here. So, now the problem is, that I have installed (at this moment), The Sims 3 and Pets expansion pack. I do however posses the Island Paradise one, so therefor I do own the cummulative patch 1.55 that came with it (in the support folder.) Now, I want to update my game to 1.55 WITHOUT installing Island Paradise (just having the base game and pets installed), but I can't figure out to do this yet, because as soon as the game is patched and the Pets expansion pack is installed, I get: 'The Sims 3 has stopped working' when I run the game.

I did it like this:

1: Backup my savegame Very Happy

2: Uninstall Pets

3: Uninstall Base Game

4: Install Base Game

5: Run patch 1.55 (Island Paradise > Support > Patches > 1.55)

6: Install Pets

So, basically, how do I update my game to 1.55 without installing Island Paradise? I want to have the base game and Pets installed while having patch 1.55, having the option to add the other expansion packs later.

Sincerely yours,
Secret

Back to top Go down

Confused on how to properly patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Confused on how to properly patch. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 21:24

Secret wrote:I did it like this:

(...)
4: Install Base Game

5: Run patch 1.55 (Island Paradise > Support > Patches > 1.55)

6: Install Pets

So, basically, how do I update my game to 1.55 without installing Island Paradise? I want to have the base game and Pets installed while having patch 1.55, having the option to add the other expansion packs later.

Sincerely yours,
Secret

Hello,

Normally, from what you describe, you are already patched to version 1.55. But now, that you have installed an expansion, it's a good idea to run the patch again, even if it says that your game is "updated already". Yes, you don't need to have "Island Paradise" in order to install the patch 1.55.  Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Confused on how to properly patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Confused on how to properly patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:46

I tried installing the patch when already having pets installed, but than it gives me 'Stopped working' on launch too.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:50

Secret wrote:I tried installing the patch when already having pets installed, but than it gives me 'Stopped working' on launch too.

Hello again,

Sorry to hear that, but after you ran the 1.55 patch, did you get a message saying something like "Patch successfully installed" ? If yes, then you are patched, basically.

Can you start the game by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe, located in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:57

Yes, it confirms the path is succesfull. Also, checking the skuversion.txt confirms it is patched. The problem starts persisting after installing an expansion pacj, and adding it's crack. However, if I DO install Island Paradise and it's crack (which I downloaded here ) than it DIES work.

//EDIT

DOES* (previous post)

I will try TS3W.exe, atm I use TS3.exe, thus skipping the launcher

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 23:03

Secret wrote:(...) The problem starts persisting after installing an expansion pacj, and adding it's crack. However, if I DO install Island Paradise and it's crack (which I downloaded here ) than it DIES work.

Did you use the #crack that was included in the Pets expansion ? Please download the "Ultimate fix", if you haven't done so already: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Now you go to the #crack folder inside the "Ultimate fix" and copy the two files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the existing files, of course.

Never use the cracks that are included in the expansions that you downloaded.

What you could also do is to go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and look for a folder named "The Sims 3". If there is such a folder, then remove it. If not, then it's fine too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 23:09

Ah. Ye, I uaed the onea that came with the expansions. They sork fine, untik you patch.

Yes, ofcourse such a folder is there. That is the folder where it stores all my saves and stuff?

Sorry for bad spelling, writing from my phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 23:12

Secret wrote:Ah. Ye, I uaed the onea that came with the expansions. They sork fine, untik you patch.

Yes, ofcourse such a folder is there. That is the folder where it stores all my saves and stuff?

Sorry for bad spelling, writing from my phone.

Please download and use the Ultimate fix and let me know the result.

And yes, theoretically this could be caused by something inside the folder "The Sims 3"; so you might at least rename the folder, into anything you like (example: "The Sims 3_backup"). Just to see if this changes anything.

But first try the Ultimate fix before renaming the folder.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 23:13

Do I still need a certain EP or SP for it to work?

//EDIT

Also, can you check back this thread tomorrow? I am about to go to bed right now. So if you flag this thread as active you will notice my post tomorrow

Helper edit: Please do not double-post. If you wish to add something to your post, then you can use the "edit" button. Wink 

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 23:16

Secret wrote:Do I still need a certain EP or SP for it to work?

"Pets" is enough. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 23:26

Sorry for doublepost, but the mobile version of this site doesn't have an edit button.

//EDIT

The applying of 'The Ultimate Fix' solved my problem. Confused on how to properly patch. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Thank you very much for all your help and the effort you and your team put into this site. Keep it up!

Kind regards,
Secret.

Helper edit: Glad to hear that. Smile  Happy simming ! Topic closed.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top