Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 University Life Installation Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 University Life Installation Problem Empty Sims 3 University Life Installation Problem

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 00:55

Sorry to trouble anyone, but I've looked around the forum for an answer. One did come close, but wasn't the problem.
I have the base game installed as instructed and I just finished torrenting University Life. Now when I begin the setup, the installation wizard is in Japanese, freezes during the first loading (when it prepares the installshield or whatever) and closes. Then there's an error but it's in Japanese so I don't know what it's saying.

Now I know there's one thread with this problem but my case is different. The advice given to that thread was that the base game was probably installed in Japanese and because of that, the UL install would probably be affected as well, but my base game was installed in English (the razor1911 or something) and I'm sure it was since I even re-installed it. This has happened to me whether I first cracked the base game or not & whether I updated & patched the game or not (uninstalling & reinstalling is a pain) so if anyone has any ideas, please do tell. I was actually surprised to find that one thread because this seems like a really really rare problem.

I checked the properties of the Sims3EP09Setup and it even said it was in English. My base game is definitely in English. I'm really stumped. I've been up for hours looking online before posting as I always do and I rarely ever ask for help so I'm sorry if this is a bother. I've viewed quite a lot of instructions from your site so I'm aware of the manual patches, the ultimate fix and how to properly install sims 3 but if I can't even begin to install an EP then what's the point? ):

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life Installation Problem Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life Installation Problem

Post by J.T. Sun 04 Aug 2013, 01:55

Hello,

First of all, I suggest you check the registry. Click "Start", and type "regedit" in the box. And then navigate yourself to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> (if you cannot find The Sims 3 in SOFTWARE, navigate yourself to Wow6432Node) >> Sims >> The Sims 3. See if the SKU value is 7 and locale is en-US, and if the country is GB.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life Installation Problem Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life Installation Problem

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 02:06

Hi!
The SKU value is 2, the locale is en-us and country is CA. Does that mean I installed it wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 04 Aug 2013, 02:27

Hello,

First of all, can change the SKU value to 7 and then try to install the expansion(s)?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 02:41

The same error appears after I changed it to 7.

I began to install Town Life Stuff yesterday but I decided to stop it and continue another time so I could get to sleep. The installation wizard for that was in english, however.. or do stuff packs not matter?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 04 Aug 2013, 02:43

Hello,

Did you unzip the torrents via WinRAR ONLY?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 02:50

Yep. Am I not supposed to?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 04 Aug 2013, 03:23

Hello,

Yes, you are supposed to do so. However, I suspect the torrent somehow got corrupted during download. Can you download it again via BitTorrent or uTorrent? Remember to clear all data before redownloading.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 03:33

To tell you the truth, I've downloaded the UL EP from others, including other pirate bay entries and for some reason they all include a setup which causes this error. I downloaded the games4theworld torrent first until I encountered the error. I tried torrents from other places and they didn't work. That was yesterday, so I decided to delete everything and re-downloaded the games4theworld UL again so today I finally asked for help.

That's why I think it's so strange that it's only happening to University Life and all the other places I tried downloading it from.

But if the torrent really did get corrupted twice, I'll try to re-download it again tomorrow since I have to leave soon. I hope something better happens.

Anyway, thanks for all the help so far. I'm so pleased on how diligent everyone is in helping others. It's quite nice to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 04 Aug 2013, 06:27

Hello,

Where did you download the base game?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 09:40

I think it's strange that wherever he downloads it, they all get a Japanese setup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 05:30

Sorry about the delay, I downloaded the base game from PirateBay (razor1911 final maxspeed) (but everything else like EPs and SPs are from games4theworld).
And I re-downloaded the UL EP torrent and no luck.

But here's something I did find out..
I also torrented Late Night and I found out that this error happens with EPs. I tried to install Town Life Stuff and the install wizard was fine. However, it required an installed copy of the Sims 3. It's another error but I'll try finding the solution of that since it isn't as rare as the EP problem.
I just wanted to mention this because now I'm wondering..
I wonder if that's the same message the EPs mean in Japanese.. If the SP has that error, wouldn't it make sense that the EP is having the same issue? I know the japanese install wizard is still a problem but if I can at least make some progress.. sorry for all this.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:07

Aeriesze wrote:Sorry about the delay, I downloaded the base game from PirateBay (razor1911 final maxspeed) (but everything else like EPs and SPs are from games4theworld).
And I re-downloaded the UL EP torrent and no luck.

But here's something I did find out..
I also torrented Late Night and I found out that this error happens with EPs. I tried to install Town Life Stuff and the install wizard was fine. However, it required an installed copy of the Sims 3. It's another error but I'll try finding the solution of that since it isn't as rare as the EP problem.
I just wanted to mention this because now I'm wondering..
I wonder if that's the same message the EPs mean in Japanese.. If the SP has that error, wouldn't it make sense that the EP is having the same issue? I know the japanese install wizard is still a problem but if I can at least make some progress.. sorry for all this.

Hello,

Can you alter the country in registry editor to GB instead of CA?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 05 Aug 2013, 20:58

I think you may want to uninstall the base game, and re-download it to re-install. Preferably from G4TW, however most any other non-modified game should be fine.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 03:28

I will try both suggestions soon.
Thanks!
But by any chance is there a way to fix the "requires an installed copy of Sims 3" without uninstalling & reinstalling Sims 3? I don't really mind, I'm just wondering.

//EDIT: Alrighty guys! I've finally made some progress.
I uninstalled my Sims 3 manually & restarted. I just torrented Sims 3 (from you guys this time), mounted and started the Setup.
Alright, while the wizard was still in Jap, at least I was able to CHANGE THE LANGUAGE LOL. And so now it's currently installing. Yes! One down. Hopefully, following the MUST-READ guide will help me so I can fix the UL and any other EP problem, whatever it is. xD
Thanks for the suggestions. You guys roooock!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 17:43

Hey guys! Umm i downloaded Island Paradise and University Life. I installed Island Paradise first, it worked.(currently playing it right now) But University life doesnt work. I followed the installation guide just like what I did in Island Paradise but I can't play. At first there was an error about "script" so I open the .rar file again and repeat the same thing but it still didnt work. What did I do wrong? Thanks guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 22:49

If this is an error on the Launcher, you can still play the game. It is pretty common...

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 16 Oct 2013, 00:05

kattie1120 wrote:Hey guys! Umm i downloaded Island Paradise and University Life. I installed Island Paradise first, it worked.(currently playing it right now) But University life doesnt work. I followed the installation guide just like what I did in Island Paradise but I can't play. At first there was an error about "script" so I open the .rar file again and repeat the same thing but it still didnt work. What did I do wrong? Thanks guys
Please open a new topic so we can help you better Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top