Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with getting any of the expansions to work! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with getting any of the expansions to work! [SOLVED] Empty Problems with getting any of the expansions to work! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 01:49

Hello,
   I have purchased a copy of the base game installed it and now I have downloaded most of the expansions and I can not get any of them to work. I have used the companion .zip file and went through all the motions and when I go to my Sims 3 launcher all the icons for expansions are not lit up anymore after applying the crack. And the Sims will not start from the launcher either.  Please help!!

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Problems with getting any of the expansions to work! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with getting any of the expansions to work! [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Mon 05 Aug 2013, 01:54

Hello,

Have you read this guide beforehand?

Did you purchase the base game via Origin? If yes, the folder mentioned in step 4 should be C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
If you purchased the base game via Steam, I am sorry to tell you that the base game bought there are not compatible with legit disk/cracked version of the bsae game.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problems with getting any of the expansions to work! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with getting any of the expansions to work! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 01:57

We bought the game in 2009 at walmart before Origin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 05 Aug 2013, 01:58

Ryansmith827 wrote:We bought the game in 2009 at walmart before Origin

Hello,

So it is a disk version right? I suspect you have applied the wrong crack in the torrents. There are unusable at all. Download the Ultimate Fix and apply the #crack inside this Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 02:02

I downloaded the Ultimate fix and used the crack and replaced both files in the Sims 3 game/bin folder. I did this after I installed the expansions and did not use the cracks that came with the expansions, I also went through the Sims 3 error fixes folder and that did not work either.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 05 Aug 2013, 02:07

Ryansmith827 wrote:I downloaded the Ultimate fix and used the crack and replaced both files in the Sims 3 game/bin folder. I did this after I installed the expansions and did not use the cracks that came with the expansions, I also went through the Sims 3 error fixes folder and that did not work either.

Ryan

Hello,

Have you updated the base game to 1.55 via this? Afterwards, drag and drop the contents of the #crack (NOT the folder named "All expansion packs released after and including Generations") folder of the Ultimate Fix to: C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 02:23

Yes I have done the update. I downloaded the Ultimate fix from thepiratebay, I'm not sure if it was the correct one but it was from games4theworld

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 03:46

I am currently downloading the Fix from the official website to see if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:10

Ryansmith827 wrote:I am currently downloading the Fix from the official website to see if that helps.

Hello,

Piratebay's one... That may not be updated. Download the one here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 18:53

Downloaded the update form the website and not from piratebay and now everything is working like a charm. Thank you for your patience and kindness.

Ryan

Moderator edit: OK, happy simming ! Topic closed.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top