Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Expansions Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Expansions Error Empty Sims 3 Expansions Error

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 01:52

Hi,

I was thrilled to download the majority of the Sims expansions kindly provided by this website, and have been playing with no errors for the past few weeks. However, the first error occurred when I installed Town and 70's expansion packs. I decided to uninstall and reinstall everything, but have now experienced even more problems.
My base game is a legal digital copy, with complete patches and updates. My Mac ran it perfectly previously. I noticed just earlier that I installed up to Generations and I could play the game, but when I installed Town Life and Pets, I had a disc error and unable to start game service initialization failed (0x024e424f). Yet, I could previously play them before!
Additionally, as errors started to occur, not all the expansions were showing on the small icons in the launcher, and were (null) when I tried to uninstall them with the Sims base uninstaller.
I have researched and cannot find a solution. I have used the ultimate fix, and have followed instructions.

This is incredibly frustrating as I was happily playing for weeks prior to this!

Please help!! Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Expansions Error Empty Re: Sims 3 Expansions Error

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 09:49

The game is currently giving big problems on Mac.
We are trying to work on a solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 22:13

Macs are notorious for countless issues. I encountered that same problem where the EP icons don't show up on the launcher followed by "exception raised" when I first installed my game on my laptop. Got traumatized from the 5 day ordeal.

Hmm... Have you patched your game to the latest patch? It could be errors in installation, like the game not properly installing the EPs even if it said it did.
Also, I noticed all the earlier EPs (prior to the Super Patch - Generations and earlier) would work but Pets and after wouldn't... Could be because the earlier EPs aren't properly updated. There's a tool for that somewhere, that updates EPs individually (even if you patched to the latest one), though I think it only works for Windows systems. Sad

I dunno, there are a million and one problems when installing TS3 on a Mac. Some are more random than the other. My best advice is trial and error, following the instructions given. Good luck!  

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 17 Sep 2013, 03:26

Hello steph_1,

I was cleaning through the Mac Support forum and discovered your post. Are you still having an issue?

The Ultimate fix was recently updated on 12th Sep and is now compatible with the Version 1.57 patch. Do download it and apply it if you have not. Hopefully it solves your problem.

Please update us on your progress, thank you! Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top