Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Base Game Installation and Expansions Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Base Game Installation and Expansions Error Empty The Sims 3 Base Game Installation and Expansions Error

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 20:51

I guess I should start from the beginning,
before I start I have tried every tutorial, read every FAQ, and also read the forums about my problem. I am on a Mac currently and I have the store bought Sims 3 base game, World Adventures, and Late Night. I use Piratebay pretty often and noticed that I could download the rest of the expansions and stuff packs on there. Reading the great feedback for G4TW I decided to pick you guys. So I first tried to download the Pets Expansion. Doing that I had to download a RAR Extract App to extract the files that are .rar and then I had to download WineBottler so I could even install the program because apparently Mac does not recognize .exe files or whatever. Once I tried installing the Pets I would get a messages claiming I need to install the Sims 3 base game which I clearly already have. I read the FAQ on here about that message. Before I decided to uninstall my original games, I thought maybe it was just this expansion. So, I tried Seasons, same message from that installation as well.

I have a laptop which has Windows 7. I decided to try on there to see if it will actually work and the fact that I was real eager to try and play the other expansions. Unfortunately, my laptop is older and slow. That is why I stopped playing on my laptop in the first place and switched to my Mac. I go on there and I tried to download Seasons and for some reason I did something to a file or something but I completely messed up the game. So I uninstalled all of them and just downloaded my base game. I decided to follow the instructions from your "How to install The Sims 3 correctly" topic, and I used the alternative method. I successfully downloaded Seasons, Supernatural, and Pets on my laptop. Unfortunately when I play, it lags and takes me about an hour to just be at my home. So you can see the frustration.

I then went back on to my Mac to uninstall all of my games and download G4TW's Sims 3 Base game. I mounted the 2 files, successfully installed the game, moved the crack folders to the appropriate spot. Program File> Electronic Arts>The Sims 3> Game> Bin
and I open the launcher and it says "You are a playing with a non-final, unauthorized copy of the Sims 3."
Now, I try the Ultimate Fix for the Mac. It continues to give me this message and it says my game is up to date. I tried to download another expansion so then I can try to use the Ultimate Fix again, but it still gives me a message saying " I need to download The Sims 3 base game".

I just want to know if there is something I did wrong, or missed or I should try this method because if I could get it working on my Mac it would be a dream or if someone has an idea on how to make my laptop faster. I have been fiddling with this for several days now and I am finally asking for someones help. So I am sorry for the long paragraphs but I want you guys to fully understand my situation and acknowledge that I have tried everything.

Thanks,
Aspen

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Base Game Installation and Expansions Error Empty Re: The Sims 3 Base Game Installation and Expansions Error

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:11

//MOVED
Hello,

Our base game somehow doesn't work on Mac, the expansions do, but you need to create .dmg files.
I really don't know much about Mac, so I'd advise you to go through the stickies in the section here. We don't give Mac support officially, but we'll try our best to answer any of your questions, should you have any.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Base Game Installation and Expansions Error Empty Re: The Sims 3 Base Game Installation and Expansions Error

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 18:58

Heya Aspen!

Alright first off, you do NOT need Wine bottles or any extraction software other than Stuffit Expander (you can download this for free directly from the Mac App store). The Sims 3 already comes with an emulator (called cider), which is what Wine does. So that's covered Smile

When you install expansion packs, after opening them up with Stuffit Expander, there will be an installer app for each one. The .exe files are included in there for the Windows users, but there's the separate file for us Mac folk. You launch the installer application and it goes through the usual installation procedure.

Your best bet is probably start from the ground up, I think. If you choose to do that:
1. Uninstall everything. Clear any preferences you may have using this guide:

How to properly clear caches & do a clean reinstall:
http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac-2

2. Reinstall your base game
3. Manually patch (using the launcher update feature is best avoided at all times) up to 1.42 if you plan to play Seasons:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

4. Install your expansions

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7248-how-to-install-sims-3-with-or-without-ep-s-on-mac-dmg-creating

5. Apply the Mac Ultimate Fix cracks

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

It should run after all that. Let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 05:37

antiskub wrote:Heya Aspen!

Alright first off, you do NOT need Wine bottles or any extraction software other than Stuffit Expander (you can download this for free directly from the Mac App store). The Sims 3 already comes with an emulator (called cider), which is what Wine does. So that's covered Smile

When you install expansion packs, after opening them up with Stuffit Expander, there will be an installer app for each one. The .exe files are included in there for the Windows users, but there's the separate file for us Mac folk. You launch the installer application and it goes through the usual installation procedure.

Your best bet is probably start from the ground up, I think. If you choose to do that:
1. Uninstall everything. Clear any preferences you may have using this guide:

How to properly clear caches & do a clean reinstall:
http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac-2

2. Reinstall your base game
3. Manually patch (using the launcher update feature is best avoided at all times) up to 1.42 if you plan to play Seasons:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

4. Install your expansions

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7248-how-to-install-sims-3-with-or-without-ep-s-on-mac-dmg-creating

5. Apply the Mac Ultimate Fix cracks

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

It should run after all that. Let us know how it goes!

dont forget after you unpack the file, you still have to create a dog before you can install if you dont the icon will just bounce on the dock and not do anything.

in order to create this, in the upper right hand corner of your mac screen there is the magnifying glass, search for disc utility. Than once that comes up click new image, save as what ever expansion pack your installing, name: ep name size: click 8.3 gb ( just to be on the safe side with space.)
than click create and let that finish, (mine usually takes a little while.)
after that is finished open your finder find the ep document file highlight and copy all the files, and paste them in the disc image you just created, than click the installer icon inside the disc image, and it should start up the installing process.

Please if you find this confusing just ask questions we will get this figured out!

Happy Simming! The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 20:22

tenofakind wrote:dont forget after you unpack the file, you still have to create a dog before you can install if you dont the icon will just bounce on the dock and not do anything.

in order to create this, in the upper right hand corner of your mac screen there is the magnifying glass, search for disc utility. Than once that comes up click new image, save as what ever expansion pack your installing, name: ep name size: click 8.3 gb ( just to be on the safe side with space.)
than click create and let that finish, (mine usually takes a little while.)
after that is finished open your finder find the ep document file highlight and copy all the files, and paste them in the disc image you just created, than click the installer icon inside the disc image, and it should start up the installing process.

Please if you find this confusing just ask questions we will get this figured out!

Happy Simming! The Sims Plumbob 1

The .dmg process is listed in the guide linked under #4 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 01:00

hahaha duh, blonde moment, of course it is Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top