Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Sims 3 Installation (Service initialisation failed 0x039e8474 after multiple reinstalls). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with Sims 3 Installation (Service initialisation failed 0x039e8474 after multiple reinstalls). [SOLVED] Empty Problems with Sims 3 Installation (Service initialisation failed 0x039e8474 after multiple reinstalls). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 21:26

Hi guys. I've got The Sims 3 and a load of EPs and SPs from the downloads but I'm having problems installing them. I've uninstalled and reinstalled them quite a few times to try and see where I'm going wrong, but I can't seem to see the problem? Each time I install it (regardless of the EPs I install with it) and try to launch the game from the launcher, it tries to open with the blue screen but then closes with the pop-up: "Unable to start game. Service initialisation failed (0x039e8474)". Same one each time I have reinstalled, I've also tried to fully uninstall by deleting Sims folders in the Library folders...

I have given the forum a search already but all the posts i've viewed have been solved by a reinstall lol

Oh and also, this is the process ive been doing when i install: Mount Sims 3 disks, install Sims 3, install manual patch to 1.55, install EPs and SPs, install the manual patch again (just in cases lol), add base game ultimate fixes, add ep ultimate fixes, add crack ultimate fix, check for updates on launcher, open game

Basically I've recently got a new macbook and they dont have CD drives so i cant install my copies of the game so instead i decided to give games4theworld a go. I just really love the Sims and would love to get playing again! Thank you very much and sorry for the long post

:-)

Back to top Go down

Problems with Sims 3 Installation (Service initialisation failed 0x039e8474 after multiple reinstalls). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with Sims 3 Installation (Service initialisation failed 0x039e8474 after multiple reinstalls). [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Thu 08 Aug 2013, 22:00

Hello,

Are you sure you had a clean uninstall? Sometimes, some files just hide so we can't find them. Just in case, please visit this site and apply all the insturctions again for a clean uninstall.

Also, which version of base game you're using?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Problems with Sims 3 Installation (Service initialisation failed 0x039e8474 after multiple reinstalls). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with Sims 3 Installation (Service initialisation failed 0x039e8474 after multiple reinstalls). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 22:11

Hello. Okay, I'll give that website a try thank you. I downloaded the base game today, it's version 1.0.6 before patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:45

Please let me know the result.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 23:42

The currently recommended TS3-Mac base game is a .app - so if you're mounting the base game, an incorrect version may be your issue. Try this: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf
If it doesn't work for you, try my solution:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13348-how-to-bootcamp-for-worry-free-simming - It's worked PERFECTLY for me.

Last edited by papertigress on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 00:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : links)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 16:10

Hello again. I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been on vacation. I fixed the problem with your help. Thank you both very much! I tried the instructions for clean uninstalling and then referred to the Mac Installation Guide. I had been following this previously anyways, but I didn't realise that it was important to download the base game as a .app! Anyways, downloading the .app opposed to the featured base game download has solved all my problems.

Thank you both very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 23 Aug 2013, 20:13

Happy to hear that you could make your game work Smile

Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top