Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install Sim Packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install Sim Packs Empty Can't install Sim Packs

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 02:34

I'm trying to add some custom content back into my game  all was fine then all of the sudden I can't install Sim Packs at all. I added the ones I want to add into my game into the Downloads folder but when I choose to install via the launcher and choose install the install screen will show up but just sits there with a black box.
I even tried installing one by one and same problem. I tried going to the downloads folder and opening them that way and nothing.
Any suggestions?

Lisa

Last edited by mslisalisa on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 02:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add photo)

Back to top Go down

Can't install Sim Packs Empty Re: Can't install Sim Packs

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Aug 2013, 05:37

mslisalisa wrote:I'm trying to add some custom content back into my game  all was fine then all of the sudden I can't install Sim Packs at all. I added the ones I want to add into my game into the Downloads folder but when I choose to install via the launcher and choose install the install screen will show up but just sits there with a black box.
I even tried installing one by one and same problem. I tried going to the downloads folder and opening them that way and nothing.
Any suggestions?

Lisa
Hello,

If you have the latest base game patch installed (version 1.55), then this might be a reason too; a lot of people have reported all kinds of problems with their launchers.

That said, have you already tried to use "CC magic" ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3330-an-alternative-approach-to-managing-store-and-custom-contentupdated-the-sims-3

Also, where did you download the ".sims3packs" from, and what kind of CC is that ? Many users have reported problems with downloaded sims and custom lots too. So personally, I would recommend to mainly use the official store content ".sims3packs". Why ? Because you can really trust them, that they won't harm your game, compared to many other "third party" CC. Of course, not all third party CC is bad though.

Try CC Magic first and let us know the result. Good luck ! Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 05:47

Carlos G. wrote:
mslisalisa wrote:I'm trying to add some custom content back into my game  all was fine then all of the sudden I can't install Sim Packs at all. I added the ones I want to add into my game into the Downloads folder but when I choose to install via the launcher and choose install the install screen will show up but just sits there with a black box.
Any suggestions?

Lisa
Hello,

If you have the latest base game patch installed (version 1.55), then this might be a reason too; a lot of people have reported all kinds of problems with their launchers.

That said, have you already tried to use "CC magic" ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3330-an-alternative-approach-to-managing-store-and-custom-contentupdated-the-sims-3

Also, where did you download the ".sims3packs" from, and what kind of CC is that ? Many users have reported problems with downloaded sims and custom lots too. So personally, I would recommend to mainly use the official store content ".sims3packs". Why ? Because you can really trust them, that they won't harm your game, compared to many other "third party" CC. Of course, not all third party CC is bad though.

Try CC Magic first and let us know the result. Good luck ! Wink
Thanks for the reply. Right now I am turning all my custom Sim Packs to Package Files using S3pe then I am merging them together. I try to keep all my cc package files in order. I've heard about CC Magic awhile ago but really didn't know how to use it so I will give it a go. Every once in awhile my Launcher acts up like this. So, I figure ok just make the custom content packs into package files. I'll keep the Store Sims3 Packs as is. Thanks for your help I will check out CC Magic for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top