Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I install only the SPs packs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I install only the SPs packs? Empty Can I install only the SPs packs?

Post by Guest Wed 22 Mar 2017, 20:40

so i downloaded the City living dlc but i only want the SP packs, is there a way i can get only them or i have to keep the dlc as well?
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this question, im new here and english is not really my forte

Back to top Go down

Can I install only the SPs packs? Empty Re: Can I install only the SPs packs?

Post by Guest Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:26

I have created a download where you can install the basegame only and from then on you can add every single EP, GP, FP, SP you want.
Should you be interested, let me know.

Last edited by Tarac on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 15:07; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Mar 2017, 15:03

Thanks a lot !  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Mar 2017, 15:10

I have created a download where you can install the basegame only and from then on you can add every single EP, GP, FP, SP you want.
Should you be interested, let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Mar 2017, 15:00

Lucasdttz wrote:so i downloaded the City living dlc but i only want the SP packs, is there a way i can get only them or i have to keep the dlc as well?
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this question, im new here and english is not really my forte

Lucasdttz wrote:Thanks a lot !  Carlos is tha man!!!

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Alternatively, you can install all packs as outlined in this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

After that you go to where you installed the Sims 4. And then look at the folders.

Can I install only the SPs packs? Screenshot_4

Delete or move out the EP01, EP02, EP03, FP01, GP01, GP02 and GP03 folders. That alone should suffice to play the game in the "reduced mode". But then your game will always freeze for a minute or so at each startup. The game should unfreeze after a while again, but in order to avoid that completely you have to make small edits to your RldOrigin.ini file (remove entries relating to the deleted packs). For your convenience, I compiled a file here - extract it with WinRAR: https://goo.gl/M8Hizn

Copy and paste it to the Game\Bin subfolder of your install directory of TS4. Replace the old file when prompted. Then you can play with stuffpacks only. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Mar 2017, 15:17

it would be the same process with the sp packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Mar 2017, 15:21

Lucasdttz wrote:it would be the same process with the sp packs?

It boils down to almost the same as what Tarac wanted to suggest earlier, so it doesn't matter much I suppose. My advice though is this. There is a reason most users prefer installing everything in one go, and the main reason is because The Sims 4 is so limited in its game features.

If you can, and if you have the hard-drive space available, your best option is to just install everything normally. But that's up to you in the end. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top