Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem getting torrented expansion pack to work with a hard copy Sims 3 disk?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem getting torrented expansion pack to work with a hard copy Sims 3 disk? Empty Problem getting torrented expansion pack to work with a hard copy Sims 3 disk?

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 02:01

Hi everyone, I'm so sorry if this has been answered before. I have looked to see if it has been answered and I found one thread, but couldn't really understand what to do. I have a legally purchased Sims 3 disk (I have PC), and have been trying to add a torrented version of University Life. I followed all the steps (ultimate fix, etc.) I placed the #crack in the area that was said, and everything was installing just fine, but then suddenly when I tried running the game it says that I have installed an unofficial game modification. I tried to play it and when it loaded I had no cities to pick from, and everything was blank and very glitchy. I ended up uninstalling University, and tried running Sims 3 but my disk wouldn't work. So I unistalled Sims 3 and reinstalled it, and am now waiting for it to finish updating.

After I did this, I found out that I WASN'T suppose to put the crack into my games files (if it's hard copy?) Then what do I do? I have performed ultimate fix, etc, and am just waiting for my disks update to finish. What do I do to install and crack University Life to make sure it doesn't corrupt my disk, etc? Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down

Problem getting torrented expansion pack to work with a hard copy Sims 3 disk? Empty Re: Problem getting torrented expansion pack to work with a hard copy Sims 3 disk?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Aug 2013, 05:44

KoriD wrote:Hi everyone, I'm so sorry if this has been answered before. I have looked to see if it has been answered and I found one thread, but couldn't really understand what to do. I have a legally purchased Sims 3 disk (I have PC), and have been trying to add a torrented version of University Life. I followed all the steps (ultimate fix, etc.) I placed the #crack in the area that was said, and everything was installing just fine, but then suddenly when I tried running the game it says that I have installed an unofficial game modification. I tried to play it and when it loaded I had no cities to pick from, and everything was blank and very glitchy. I ended up uninstalling University, and tried running Sims 3 but my disk wouldn't work. So I unistalled Sims 3 and reinstalled it, and am now waiting for it to finish updating.

After I did this, I found out that I WASN'T suppose to put the crack into my games files (if it's hard copy?) Then what do I do? I have performed ultimate fix, etc, and am just waiting for my disks update to finish. What do I do to install and crack University Life to make sure it doesn't corrupt my disk, etc? Thanks!!!
Hello,

I haven't bought the games myself, but I guess you would need a hard-copy from "University life", if you don't use a crack. This is not what we recommend anyway. Wink

Can you repeat the stepd from 2 to 4 here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem getting torrented expansion pack to work with a hard copy Sims 3 disk? Empty Re: Problem getting torrented expansion pack to work with a hard copy Sims 3 disk?

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 15:18

I purchased University Life on Origin, but now I'm having problems with another expansion pack! lol I'll start a new thread.

Back to top Go down

Problem getting torrented expansion pack to work with a hard copy Sims 3 disk? Empty Island Paradise won't work with my legal Sims disk?

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 15:32

I posted here a few days ago on not being able to get University Life to work, but I ended up giving in and purchasing it off of Origin. So I have a legal hard copy disk of the base game, and a downloaded legally purchased University Life. I ended up torrenting Ambitions, World Adventures, Late Night, Showtime, 70s 80s and 90s stuff, and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, Supernatural. They all worked perfectly with no problems at all.

This morning I torrented Island Paradise and installed it like all the others, but it said "please insert disk" when I attempted to play the game. I assumed I should go to the ultimate fix and replace the two filed in the  bin folder in the base game, and it freaked the heck out. It started saying I needed other different expansion disks, the Sims Launcher wouldn't work...So i placed back in the original two files and took out the crack files. I then uninstalled Island Paradise and it works fine again. What did I do wrong?

//MOVED

Helper Edit: In order not to cause confusion, please post all your problems under your only topic. Thank you!
-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 15:36

Hello,

Did you update your game via launcher? If yes, that is the problem because the Ultimate Fix is not compatible with the latest update (1.57) (yet).
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 15:46

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Did you update your game via launcher? If yes, that is the problem because the Ultimate Fix is not compatible with the latest update (1.57) (yet).
Nope, it's still version 1.55 =(

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 15:48

KoriD wrote:
cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Nope, it's still version 1.55 =(
Hello,

Can you briefly explain how you followed the guide "Must Read How to install The Sims 3 correctly"? Did you download the base game via Origin?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 15:57

Hello,

Can you briefly explain how you followed the guide "Must Read How to install The Sims 3 correctly"? Did you download the base game via Origin?
Nope, I bought the base game at Game Stop (only bought University Life on Origin). On the "Must Read how to Install The Sims 3 Correctly", I did this....

1. Installed the CD of my base game, bought University Life and installed it. I installed all of my other expansion packs (minus Sweet Treats and Island Paradise at the time.)

2.I re downloaded and Reapplied the manual patch (this is before sweet treats and island paradise still)

3. Re downloaded the ultimate fix again

4. I didn't do 4, because last time I put the #crack files in the /bin for the base game, it told me I had downloaded unofficial software and it wouldn't work. So I skipped this part to save the time of having to uninstall/re install everything again.

Then after I had all those working, I installed Sweet Treats and it worked on it's own.
=)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 16:00

KoriD wrote:
4. I didn't do 4, because last time I put the #crack files in the /bin for the base game, it told me I had downloaded unofficial software and it wouldn't work. So I skipped this part to save the time of having to uninstall/re install everything again.
Hello,

That is what the problem lies. Please reinstall The Sims 3: Island Paradise, and apply the Ultimate Fix according to step 4 of the guide. The game should work and "unofficial game modification" error should vanish.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 16:08

Okay thank you so much, I'll post something here if for some reason it doesn't work. (I'm unlucky lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top