Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question Empty Question

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 19:02

Okay, so my brother put Island Paradise in the folders it needed to be and didn't exactly install the expansion due to.. being a lazy buttface, so anyway. After updating the game to 1.54 (if thats the updates numbers) I believe that's when it began to give me problems with the 'insert game disk' (or no disk found) error at the screen where you load up a file or choose a new game. I used the manual patch from TS3's site. Do you think if I install Island Paradise the error will go away? And I don't think I can use the ultimate fix, due to the game being on my brothers computer and all, and that I don't want to hear my brother complain if I screw something up.

And to find it just search "Sims 3 manual patch" and the first one should say "Official EA Download Link for The Sims 3 *Cumulative* Manual Update ".  The reason why i'm making you guys search it is because I am new and unable to post links for like seven days or so.

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Aug 2013, 22:58

MajinKitty230 wrote:Okay, so my brother put Island Paradise in the folders it needed to be and didn't exactly install the expansion due to.. being a lazy buttface, so anyway. After updating the game to 1.54 (if thats the updates numbers) I believe that's when it began to give me problems with the 'insert game disk' (or no disk found) error at the screen where you load up a file or choose a new game. I used the manual patch from TS3's site. Do you think if I install Island Paradise the error will go away? And I don't think I can use the ultimate fix, due to the game being on my brothers computer and all, and that I don't want to hear my brother complain if I screw something up.

And to find it just search "Sims 3 manual patch" and the first one should say "Official EA Download Link for The Sims 3 *Cumulative* Manual Update ".  The reason why i'm making you guys search it is because I am new and unable to post links for like seven days or so.
Hello,

Please make clear to your brother that the game needs to be properly installed. So if he downloaded the game from Games4TheWorld, then he needs to extract the contents to an empty folder. And then, he needs to double-click on the "autorun.exe". Wink 

Let me know the result of this, so that we can go further.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 01:50

Carlos G. wrote:
MajinKitty230 wrote:Okay, so my brother put Island Paradise in the folders it needed to be and didn't exactly install the expansion due to.. being a lazy buttface, so anyway. After updating the game to 1.54 (if thats the updates numbers) I believe that's when it began to give me problems with the 'insert game disk' (or no disk found) error at the screen where you load up a file or choose a new game. I used the manual patch from TS3's site. Do you think if I install Island Paradise the error will go away? And I don't think I can use the ultimate fix, due to the game being on my brothers computer and all, and that I don't want to hear my brother complain if I screw something up.

Hello,

Please make clear to your brother that the game needs to be properly installed. So if he downloaded the game from Games4TheWorld, then he needs to extract the contents to an empty folder. And then, he needs to double-click on the "autorun.exe". Wink 

Let me know the result of this, so that we can go further.
 Alright, and from what I know I believe he just extracted it and didn't try to do the 'autorun.exe' but since I am not hovering over him like a hawk 24/7 I'm not sure. And it might take a little to get back to you due to my brother being such a procrastinator and taking forever to do things. So I hope you don't mind ^^'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:55

No problem. Take your time to get back to us! Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top