Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 pets installation issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 pets installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty sims 3 pets installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 23:37

I downloaded the games4theworld pets expansion, unzipped it and started installing it and everything was going fine until the installer froze when it was about 95% done. I don't mean it froze for like 5 or 10 minutes but for 4 HOURS, so I ended the process in windows task manager and tried installing it again, only this time it asked if I wanted to uninstall so I hit yes and waited for it to do its thing. I tried AGAIN to install it and still asks me if I want to uninstall sims 3 pets...I have been trying for 3 day to get this to work and I'm out of ideas. HELP ME OBI WAN KANOBI YOU'RE ONLY HOPE!

Back to top Go down

sims 3 pets installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims 3 pets installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:27

frustratedbuffalo wrote:I downloaded the games4theworld pets expansion, unzipped it and started installing it and everything was going fine until the installer froze when it was about 95% done. I don't mean it froze for like 5 or 10 minutes but for 4 HOURS, so I ended the process in windows task manager and tried installing it again, only this time it asked if I wanted to uninstall so I hit yes and waited for it to do its thing. I tried AGAIN to install it and still asks me if I want to uninstall sims 3 pets...I have been trying for 3 day to get this to work and I'm out of ideas. HELP ME OBI WAN KANOBI YOU'RE ONLY HOPE!
Hello,

Did you use WinRAR to extract the files?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

sims 3 pets installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: sims 3 pets installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 06:32

cat2006house wrote:
frustratedbuffalo wrote:I downloaded the games4theworld pets expansion, unzipped it and started installing it and everything was going fine until the installer froze when it was about 95% done. I don't mean it froze for like 5 or 10 minutes but for 4 HOURS, so I ended the process in windows task manager and tried installing it again, only this time it asked if I wanted to uninstall so I hit yes and waited for it to do its thing. I tried AGAIN to install it and still asks me if I want to uninstall sims 3 pets...I have been trying for 3 day to get this to work and I'm out of ideas. HELP ME OBI WAN KANOBI YOU'RE ONLY HOPE!
Hello,

Did you use WinRAR to extract the files?
Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 07:11

Hello,

Can you delete all the files and extract the .rar again?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 08:07

Just tried that, didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 08:13

frustratedbuffalo wrote:Just tried that, didn't work.
Hello,

I guess you will need to redownload the torrent from www.games4theworld.org.

J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 21:08

just finished redownloading the same thing happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:50

Hello,

Can you redownload and reapply the manual patch (which can be downloaded here) and try again?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 23:08

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Can you redownload and reapply the manual patch (which can be downloaded here) and try again?
I just finished doing that and it didn't work, I think that the root of the problem is that the first time I tried installing pets the installer froze and I ended the process in task manager before it could finish but some of the files from pets did get installed and thats what is messing up any other install attempts, so should I just manually delete any pets files I find in the sims 3 folder? Or is there an easier way to uninstall pets? Because I allready tried to uninstall through the control panel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sun 22 Sep 2013, 05:25

Never just delete install folders, it can lead to some wacky errors. Try uninstalling Pets either with the program manager or with an uninstall program like Your Uninstaller Pro. After you uninstall Pets, run your system cleaner to get rid of any trace files and reboot.

You should be able to reinstall Pets after rebooting.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 05:34

Dracos66 wrote:Never just delete install folders, it can lead to some wacky errors. Try uninstalling Pets either with the program manager or with an uninstall program like Your Uninstaller Pro. After you uninstall Pets, run your system cleaner to get rid of any trace files and reboot.

You should be able to reinstall Pets after rebooting.
Hello,

Dracos, the problem is on the installer of The Sims 3: Pets. He/she didn't even successfully install it. How can he uninstall it?

Anyway, where did you download the base game from?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sun 22 Sep 2013, 05:53

cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Dracos, the problem is on the installer of The Sims 3: Pets. He/she didn't even successfully install it. How can he uninstall it?

Your Uninstaller is very good at uninstalling bad/corrupted installs. CCleaner also helps in removing "orphaned" files from bad installs/uninstalls. Simply deleting an install folder can lead to BSoDs galore.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 05:57

Dracos66 wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Your Uninstaller is very good at uninstalling bad/corrupted installs. CCleaner also helps in removing "orphaned" files from bad installs/uninstalls. Simply deleting an install folder can lead to BSoDs galore.
Hello,

Yeah he/she should try "Auto Fix" function in Your Uninstaller Pro, although I doubt whether it works.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 09:31

IT'S FIXED!!! I downloaded revo uninstaller, set it loose on pets, reinstalled, got a no disc error, applied ye olde ultimate fix and voila! works like a charm. should we ever happen to be in the same bar at the same time the first rounds on me! thanks guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:00

Hello,

Glad to hear that you have solved the problem.
Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top