Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with The Sims 3 (Windows 7) - The Sims 2 Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues with The Sims 3 (Windows 7) - The Sims 2 Question Empty Issues with The Sims 3 (Windows 7) - The Sims 2 Question

Post by Yusifer Sun 09 May 2010, 08:09

'kay. I'm a bit angry. I'll star with The Sims 3 because it's the most important.

First, specs:

Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition
Intel Core Duo 2 P7350 (2GHZ / 1080MB FSB / 3MB cache)
4.0GB SDRAM
256MB Mobility Radeon HD 4550
300GB Harddrive (200GB Free)

A few months ago, I installed The Sims 3 from Games4theworld and it worked perfectly! I was so happy.

I then installed the World Adventures with help from the online support. Since then, I couldn't use any custom content at all. The game worked, though.

Yesterday, I tried to install High End Loft Stuff, and I kept getting an "Invalid File Error." I followed the instructions and updated the game - this was supposed to get it to work, but it didn't. The Sims 3 would thereafter refuse to launch because I was outdated, but I couldn't update.

I then proceded to disinstall everything and reinstall it. I reinstalled The Sims 3 after restarting my computer and completing all disinstallations, and now it won't launch. The Sims 3 Launcher gets the "stopped working" Windows pop-up, and launching with the cracked TS3.exe opens a black window for three seconds and then it disappears.

Wth? The game worked before I installed High End Loft Stuff. I got rid of everything. Why doesn't it work anymore? I've waited three days for online support to come around, and I commented on the Torrents themselves, but I didn't get any response. I can't play the game at all anymore and I'm really upset.

I AM NOT RUNNING VUZE IN THE BACKGROUND! I don't even use Vuze... I use uTorrent, and it's not there either. Just to make that clear. I also REMOVED my DOWNLOAD Folder so I have no mods. Both the minimizing "Fixes" are irrelevant here.

Unrelated and less important:

Your Sims 2 collection is missing Apartment Life and Mansion & Garden Stuff - Apartment Life being one of the most widely-loved. Just to let you know.

Does it work on Windows 7 64-bit? I downloaded another "Complete Collection" two days ago and it freezes on the title screen. I'd really like to know if it works. Some people get it to work, but not me. I have a laptop btw.

Hopefully we can fix the Sims 3 problem I'm having.
Yusifer
Yusifer
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3; Ragnarok

Female

Back to top Go down

Issues with The Sims 3 (Windows 7) - The Sims 2 Question Empty Re: Issues with The Sims 3 (Windows 7) - The Sims 2 Question

Post by Admin Sun 09 May 2010, 12:49

Hi,

You see, our Live Support is Online on certain days, most of the time it's me. I'm very busy with other things and in the times that I can, I'll be surely on the Live Support. Just be patient, wait a little bit more and if I'm Online, just contact me and I'll fix the problem(s) for you though TeamViewer.

About your other problem; it should work on Windows 7 64 -bit, but I'm not 100% sure. Check it here: http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Issues with The Sims 3 (Windows 7) - The Sims 2 Question Empty Re: Issues with The Sims 3 (Windows 7) - The Sims 2 Question

Post by Yusifer Sun 09 May 2010, 18:46

It says I have way more than required to run both games, but some people say that The Sims 2 won't work on Windows 7 64-bit laptops for some reason.

I'll download your The Sims 2 and try it out; will you be uploading Apartment Life soon? That's my favourite expansion and it doesn't come with the pack /sad

Hope to see you on MSN so we can fix The Sims 3. I might reformat today.
Yusifer
Yusifer
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yusifer Mon 10 May 2010, 05:04

I reformatted and the Sims 3 now works.

I'm scared to put on The Sims 3: World Adventures from you guys along with High End Loft Stuff. I don't want to reformat AGAIN because the base game doesn't wanna work anymore after WA messes up :s

I needed help installing WA, too, since I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and there's some weird, side-instructions that the admin gave me on MSN to fix it (this was back in February.)

Hopefully you can come online and we'll sort out World Adventures and High End Loft Stuff together. It might take an hour or so to do, but it won't work when I try to install High End Loft Stuff. I really want to use my custom content, too, so installing World Adventures (which I can't install by myself anyway; there's a weird, not-noted instruction for 64-bit systems that the admin gave me in February) would make it so I can't use that content. The game without custom stuff is crap ):

So, yeah. Hopefully the admin can find an hour to help me out.

MOD EDIT: Topic closed, problem fixed.
-NARONG30
Yusifer
Yusifer
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top