Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"sims 3 has stopped working. windows will notify you if a solution is found" windows 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"sims 3 has stopped working. windows will notify you if a solution is found" windows 8 Empty "sims 3 has stopped working. windows will notify you if a solution is found" windows 8

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 04:11

hi,
i've installed the sims 3 ambitions, generations, island paradise, seasons (from games4theworld), and pets, late night, supernatural (which i bought). every half an hour or so, my game will just freeze and pop up a notification that says "sims 3 has stopped working". i get that every where. the first time i have that is after i installed Late Night, i thought its just an ordinary problem that just pop up once. then i installed Island Paradise and it happen again.

i have mods, packages, and .sims3pack

i've done the DEP thing, and use ccleaner. and doesn't effect anything Help bounce

Back to top Go down

"sims 3 has stopped working. windows will notify you if a solution is found" windows 8 Empty Re: "sims 3 has stopped working. windows will notify you if a solution is found" windows 8

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 09:21

I've had the same problem, with official sims and accesory and extentions so i don't know if it could be of any help but ill try.

First and foremost update your driver of your graphics card. It is possible that that is the cause of the problem.

Secondly remove any packages and sims3.packs. Load the game and see if it still happens. If not you have to run your package files through delphi's dashboard found on mod the sims (you need to register) and put al your packages through it. There's a possibility that one or more of your packages are corrupted and causing the problem with the game. Then check your sims3packs with cc magic that program shows if there is any bad sims3pack.

Also right click on the gamelauncher and mark in compatibility (i hope that's the correct name in english) mark at compatibility mode windows xp, then disable visual themes and disable desktop something (sorry again, english isn't my native language so my computer is set in dutch) and run as admin.

also clear your caches. Either someone can link you up right away or google the sims 3 clear caches. I can't post links yet cuz i'm new. Otherwise i wouldve hooked you up.

That should normally help things

hope it works

Back to top Go down

"sims 3 has stopped working. windows will notify you if a solution is found" windows 8 Empty Re: "sims 3 has stopped working. windows will notify you if a solution is found" windows 8

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 01:04

I have the same problem and i only have university life and pets installed, this did not happen before the update for the ultimate fix though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:11

Have you tried the suggestions above?
That is all I can think of right now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 12:44

with windows 8 you have to change the compatibility mode because windows 8 doesnt really support the sims 3.

Go through all the steps that i posted before to rule those problems out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top