Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 families

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 families Empty sims 3 families

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 14:11

hi I am hoping you can help me, recently I had to completely uninstall and reinstall sims 3, did everything as I did before and had always work fine, but for some reason we can only have 1 family, my daughter is constantly complaining because every time she creates a new family her other one disappears, this never use to be the case as before I reinstalled it she had 5 families.

have I done something wrong or is this due to an update?

thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

sims 3 families Empty Re: sims 3 families

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Aug 2013, 14:22

samsluck wrote:hi I am hoping you can help me, recently I had to completely uninstall and reinstall sims 3, did everything as I did before and had always work fine, but for some reason we can only have 1 family, my daughter is constantly complaining because every time she creates a new family her other one disappears, this never use to be the case as before I reinstalled it she had 5 families.

have I done something wrong or is this due to an update?

thanks in advance
Hello,

What do you mean with "disappearing" ? After creating a new family, have you or your daughter tried to look for an option called "save copy to library" (or something with a similar wording) ?

sims 3 families 00410

Or were you talking about "switching households" ? In that case, you can basically "switch" your family in "edit town"-mode and play with another one (your original family is still there, though).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 14:25

sorry I didn't explain very well I don't play the game myself, on start up screen when you can choose which family you want to play there is only 1 the latest that was created, which ever was created before will no longer be there

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Aug 2013, 14:30

samsluck wrote:sorry I didn't explain very well I don't play the game myself, on start up screen when you can choose which family you want to play there is only 1 the latest that was created, which ever was created before will no longer be there
Alright, then.

Firstly, there might be a limit on how many of these so-called "savegames" you can have (by savegame I mean what you call "family"). But there is this: I would suggest NOT to create a new savegame anymore - for now.

Instead, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Now, tell me if there are any contents in that "Saves" folder. If yes, tell me the names of a few of the things that are in there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 14:48

Carlos G. wrote:
samsluck wrote:sorry I didn't explain very well I don't play the game myself, on start up screen when you can choose which family you want to play there is only 1 the latest that was created, which ever was created before will no longer be there
Alright, then.

Firstly, there might be a limit on how many of these so-called "savegames" you can have (by savegame I mean what you call "family"). But there is this: I would suggest NOT to create a new savegame anymore - for now.

Instead, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Now, tell me if there are any contents in that "Saves" folder. If yes, tell me the names of a few of the things that are in there.
I have 1 folder called sunset valley.sims3 in side the folder is

1a5tf1l3.dat
Meta.data
Sunset valley_0x0859db3c.nhd
Sunset valley_0x0859db3cExportDB.package
TravelDB.package

we have previously had more than 1 savegame

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Aug 2013, 14:57

samsluck wrote:I have 1 folder called sunset valley.sims3 in side the folder is

1a5tf1l3.dat
Meta.data
TravelDB.package

Hello,

I have seen a similar case yesterday, and I have to admit that - as of now - I have no explanation for this phenomenon.

As a "workaround", I would suggest you play on with the savegame called "Sunset Valley" (don't make a new save for now). Backup this savefolder "Sunset Valley.sims3". And if you then want to make a new savegame, exit the game first and backup your whole "Saves" folder in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Copy the folder to another place, maybe even to an external hard-drive.

Also, I strongly recommend you always use the option "Save" - do NOT use the other options "Save as..." and "Save and quit". Just click on "Save" - and then on "exit". You'll be asked if you want to quit without saving - click yes, and that's it.

I'm sorry I can't help more at this point. Wat. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 15:01

Carlos G. wrote:

1a5tf1l3.dat
Meta.data
TravelDB.package

Hello,

I have seen a similar case yesterday, and I have to admit that - as of now - I have no explanation for this phenomenon.

As a "workaround", I would suggest you play on with the savegame called "Sunset Valley" (don't make a new save for now). Backup this savefolder "Sunset Valley.sims3". And if you then want to make a new savegame, exit the game first and backup your whole "Saves" folder in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Copy the folder to another place, maybe even to an external hard-drive.

Also, I strongly recommend you always use the option "Save" - do NOT use the other options "Save as..." and "Save and quit". Just click on "Save" - and then on "exit". You'll be asked if you want to quit without saving - click yes, and that's it.

thank you for trying, I do believe it may be due to the latest update as it was fine before that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 00:54

Carlos G. wrote:

1a5tf1l3.dat
Meta.data
TravelDB.package

Hello,

hi just thought I'd let you know it appears that we can have more than 1 saved game as long as they are not in the same world, I backed up the save file when we spoke earlier, as I know what my daughter is like for listening, I told her not to create another save game, but she didn't listen and went ahead, when I went to make a back up of it just in case there were both save games there but are in different worlds.

I hope this may help you if you have anyone else with the same problem

thanks again for your help today

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top