Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW do I begin install The Sims 3?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HOW do I begin install The Sims 3?! Empty HOW do I begin install The Sims 3?!

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 18:28

:newfag: 

I've bought TS3 Base Game + Ambitions, Generations, Night Life, World Adventures, Pets and Uni Life (all disc versions). I'm wanting to download the rest of the expansion packs (Seasons, Showtime etc..) from games4theworld. I've read the ' *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.' BUT it doesn't actually tell me HOW to begin the installation, for example, Seasons. When I click the download link, it downloads this...

HOW do I begin install The Sims 3?! 2rx8ktx

There's no icon, so obviously when I click, my computer prompts me to select a program to open it with.... ??? Haha, I'm confused and I don't know what to do next! Facepalm 

How do I actually install it? Is there a detailed step-by-step guide available? 

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

HOW do I begin install The Sims 3?! Empty Re: HOW do I begin install The Sims 3?!

Post by invalidusername Thu 22 Aug 2013, 18:51

The program I'd recommend using to download is uTorrent. It's easy to find if you google it, and it's pretty simple to use. Once the files are downloaded, you need winrar to open them. After that is all explained in the link you shared. Smile

If you do need more explanation, let us know and we can help you out.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

HOW do I begin install The Sims 3?! Empty Re: HOW do I begin install The Sims 3?!

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 19:05

invalidusername wrote:The program I'd recommend using to download is uTorrent. It's easy to find if you google it, and it's pretty simple to use. Once the files are downloaded, you need winrar to open them. After that is all explained in the link you shared. Smile

If you do need more explanation, let us know and we can help you out.
Ahhh, I see thank you. Okay, I've downloaded uTorrent and installed it. I'm now downloading Seasons through the program. Could you tell me more about winrar and where to get it from please?

Cheers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 20:22

go to google and type winrar u may get a link on the first one go to the link choose ur language and the bits u using like x64bit or x32bit
sorry i cannot post a link for 7days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 22:27

Winrar is technically a paid program, but even after the 30 day trial they still let you use it which is nice.
I personally have been using PeaZip which is completely free. 
Simply googling "winra"r or "peazip", or even "file extractor" which brings up tons of options.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 06:59

winrar is the best programme its free i am using it from 3years

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 22:17

Okay, thanks everyone! Got Winrar and I'm now installing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 08:37

happy simming buddy The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top