Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Step-by-step sims 3, all expansions and all stuff packs help?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Step-by-step sims 3, all expansions and all stuff packs help?! Empty Step-by-step sims 3, all expansions and all stuff packs help?!

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 15:23

Hi, I'm getting a new desktop and I've been looking at the Games4theworld sims 3 downloads. And I've decided once I get my desktop I'm going to attempt to try download all the expansion packs and stuff packs! I've read on how to install the sims 3 properly but I have no idea what it's saying, it says to apply patches, and this ultimate fix thing? Which I have no idea about.. So basically I would like you to help me and provide me a step by step tutorial on installing the base game and all the expansions and stuff packs, also tell me about this ultimate fix and patch? I have no idea what it's about. Also about these cracks in the expansions of which again I have no idea about. Oh and my computer will be a windows 7, and I'm downloading these links off the games4theworld pirate bay account

Back to top Go down

Step-by-step sims 3, all expansions and all stuff packs help?! Empty Re: Step-by-step sims 3, all expansions and all stuff packs help?!

Post by Dracos66 Sat 24 Aug 2013, 19:19

Please read this post. It explains how to install and patch your game.

Basically you install the Sims 3 base game, then any or all of the Expansion/Stuff packs using the serial numbers provided in each download.
Then, download and apply the manual Sims 3 update (1.55 currently)
Then Download and apply the latest Ulitmate Fix files and copy them to the Base Game directory.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Step-by-step sims 3, all expansions and all stuff packs help?! Empty Re: Step-by-step sims 3, all expansions and all stuff packs help?!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Aug 2013, 07:55

TS3noob wrote:Hi, I'm getting a new desktop and I've been looking at the Games4theworld sims 3 downloads. And I've decided once I get my desktop I'm going to attempt to try download all the expansion packs and stuff packs! I've read on how to install the sims 3 properly but I have no idea what it's saying, it says to apply patches, and this ultimate fix thing? Which I have no idea about.. So basically I would like you to help me and provide me a step by step tutorial on installing the base game and all the expansions and stuff packs, also tell me about this ultimate fix and patch? I have no idea what it's about. Also about these cracks in the expansions of which again I have no idea about. Oh and my computer will be a windows 7, and I'm downloading these links off the games4theworld pirate bay account
Hello,

I'd like to elaborate a bit on what Dracos said. Wink

Firstly, you will need "WinRAR" to open the downloads, because the downloads are in the .RAR file format. You can find WinRAR here: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Just click on the magnet symbol where it says "WinRAR 4.20".

1) So..now you can install the base game. After downloading it, you'll see the .RAR file I mentioned. Now create an empty folder somehwere. Then, if you have already installed WinRAR, just double-click on the download. Now press Ctrl + A to "mark" all items. Now you "drag" all the items with your mouse into the empty folder you created before. Alternatively you can also choose the button "Extract to.." in the WinRAR toolbar at the top. Then you have to choose the location of your empty folder.

It's very important that ALL your contents of the .RAR download are in the empty folder. When they are, just double-click on "Autorun.exe" to start the installation. In the "installation guide.txt" you can find serial numbers, if you need them.

2) Now you download and apply the "manual patch": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

After downloading, just double-click on the file to "update" the game.

3) Now install all the expansions. Again, do it the same way like I explained above with the base game: extract the contents of each expansion into a SEPARATE folder (so one folder for "World Adventures", one folder for "Ambitions", one folder for "Island Partadise", etc.).

4) Re-apply the manual patch, even if it says that your game is updated already.

5) Download the Ultimate fix from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

6) Apply the Ultimate fix, as described in step #4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that's it, basically. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 18:56

Thank you for the detailed response.  I also was wondering what to do with the rar files once they were downloaded.  I needed to know what folder to install them to.  Should these new folders be placed under Origin Games/The Sims 3 directory?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 00:43

1simsjunkie wrote:Thank you for the detailed response.  I also was wondering what to do with the rar files once they were downloaded.  I needed to know what folder to install them to.  Should these new folders be placed under Origin Games/The Sims 3 directory?
Hello,

To install the expansions, simply extract them to a blank folder via WinRAR ONLY. Afterwards, double-click autorun.exe or setup.exe. And then open up the installation guide in the .rar file and copy and paste one of the serial codes when you are asked to enter one. After that, all you have to do is "wait".
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 05:28

Thank you for the clarification.  It didn't take long to get the hang of what I was doing, but when I am trying something for the first time, I need very detailed instructions.  

I am so very excited to have so many expansion packs to get the full experience of Sims 3, and I appreciate this web site very much.  I'll spread the good word. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 01 Sep 2013, 06:14

1simsjunkie wrote:Thank you for the clarification.  It didn't take long to get the hang of what I was doing, but when I am trying something for the first time, I need very detailed instructions.  

I am so very excited to have so many expansion packs to get the full experience of Sims 3, and I appreciate this web site very much.  I'll spread the good word. Smile
Hello,

Thank you for your support!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top