Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions not working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansions not working. [SOLVED] Empty Expansions not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 07:22

Hello!

I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but since I had no problems with the downloads, I guess now the problem is in game. I'm new and very noob D:

Well, I downloaded everything from Games4TheWorld, except the base game, which I bought from origin with two expansions (Late Night and Loft Stuff pack). 
I followed the instructions carefully and placed the crack for Island Paradise according to everything it was said here. However, when I opened the laucher, every expansion after Showtime are not lit up. 
I checked and all of them are still installed. But when I click to open the game, it says I need the Showtime CD! Ok, I can apply the crack for that, but why did the other expansions stopped working? I added the Ultimate Fix Crack for all the expansions after Generations into the Origin Games folder as it was said. What went wrong? D: Did I commit a mistake? Please help me.Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Expansions not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansions not working. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 07:28

HikaCheshire wrote:Hello!

I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but since I had no problems with the downloads, I guess now the problem is in game. I'm new and very noob D:

Well, I downloaded everything from Games4TheWorld, except the base game, which I bought from origin with two expansions (Late Night and Loft Stuff pack). 
I followed the instructions carefully and placed the crack for Island Paradise according to everything it was said here. However, when I opened the laucher, every expansion after Showtime are not lit up. 
I checked and all of them are still installed. But when I click to open the game, it says I need the Showtime CD! Ok, I can apply the crack for that, but why did the other expansions stopped working? I added the Ultimate Fix Crack for all the expansions after Generations into the Origin Games folder as it was said. What went wrong? D: Did I commit a mistake? Please help me.Embarassed
Hello,

In order to further understand your problem, please answer the following question:

(1) Have you applied the manual patch as mentioned in this post?
(2) After patching, instead of applying the content of the folder "All expansion packs released after and including Generations", did you drag and drop the content of "#crack" of the Ultimate Fix to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin? Ultimate Fix can be downloaded here.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 07:33

cat2006house wrote:
HikaCheshire wrote:Hello!

Hello,

In order to further understand your problem, please answer the following question:

(1) Have you applied the manual patch as mentioned in this post?
(2) After patching, instead of applying the content of the folder "All expansion packs released after and including Generations", did you drag and drop the content of "#crack" of the Ultimate Fix to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin? Ultimate Fix can be downloaded here.
Yes, I did both the first time, but I didn't worked. It asked for the Island Paradise CD so I thought I needed this game's crack so I applied. But I admit I haven't tried applied both the #crack of the Ultimate Fix not the Manual Patch again.Embarassed I'll try it once more and let you know if it worked or not.

EDIT: I re-applied both Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix and now the icons are lit up again and the expansions working. However, it still asks for the Island Paradise CD. Should I try apply the content of the folder "All expansions packs released after and including Generations"?

EDIT²: I re-re-re-applied the Ultimate Fix and now it's working Uh oh

I'll let you know if I encounter any other problem, but now everything "sims" (Got it? Hahaha.....Facepalm ok sorry) to work fine. Thank you very much and sorry for bothering.

Hammertime

Helper Edit: No problem at all! Happy simming! Topic closed.

-cat2006house

Last edited by cat2006house on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 09:47; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Problem solved.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top