Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED] Empty Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 16:33

Hey, I searched and couldn't find anything remotely similar to my question, which probably means it's a stupid question so please forgive me for asking but I'd like to know before I download. Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED] 2279017149

I've had all bought expansions installed and previously all downloaded and installed but I have never mixed the two.

Now on the sims website I am a builder by request and I want to try out uni expansion but don't actually know if I can be bothered to buy it yet due to it being so rubbish in sims 2.

So- if I downloaded and installed uni on top of bought expansions would there be any difficulties? scratch
Also if I then were to do a build while I had this expansion installed and uploaded it online would it create difficulties for me or anyone who downloaded it?

I would be great full for any help on this matter. Thanks. Surprised

Back to top Go down

Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Apr 2013, 16:51

baby_girl_fi wrote:Hey, I searched and couldn't find anything remotely similar to my question, which probably means it's a stupid question so please forgive me for asking but I'd like to know before I download. Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED] 2279017149

I've had all bought expansions installed and previously all downloaded and installed but I have never mixed the two.

Now on the sims website I am a builder by request and I want to try out uni expansion but don't actually know if I can be bothered to buy it yet due to it being so rubbish in sims 2.

So- if I downloaded and installed uni on top of bought expansions would there be any difficulties? scratch
Also if I then were to do a build while I had this expansion installed and uploaded it online would it create difficulties for me or anyone who downloaded it?

I would be great full for any help on this matter. Thanks. Surprised

Hello there,

First of all if you install it (= the University or any other expansion or stuff pack from G4TW) correctly, you shouldn't get any problems. See also
this here if you haven't read it already. Keep in mind that if you use the "ultimate fix" you'll also need at least one of the following expansions: 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.
Imagine the download as the same as the "bought one", just without a disc you can touch (instead you have a "virtual image" of that disc).

I'm not sure what you mean by "builder". Do you mean to create Sims or houses/lots and upload them online afterwards ? If yes, there shouldn't be any problem, but in that case it is common to write in the description of the upload what expansions and stuff packs you used when creating the upload
Smile

Last edited by Carlos G. on Tue 30 Apr 2013, 17:00; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Having bought expansions and downloaded expansions installed.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 16:55

Carlos G. wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "builder". Do you mean to create Sims or houses/lots and upload them online afterwards ? If yes, there shouldn't be any problem, but in that case it is common to write in the description of the upload what expansions and stuff packs you used when creating the upload
Smile

Thanks that is very helpful- and when I say builder I mean people ask me to build them a house, and I then upload it on the website for them.

So thank you very much for your help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Apr 2013, 17:03

baby_girl_fi wrote: Thanks that is very helpful- and when I say builder I mean people ask me to build them a house, and I then upload it on the website for them.
So thank you very much for your help Very Happy

Well, it seems that I got it right Laughing
You're welcome of course. Topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top