Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 wont start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 wont start Empty The Sims 3 wont start

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 00:46

Hello,
I have the base game and late night installed and everytime I try to start the game the window about the unofficial modification comes up then i press continue and another window pops up saying
Unable to start game
service initialization failed (0x039e8474)
I have looked and looked on the forum but I have no idea what to do because I dont have generations installed and I don't really want it to be installed.
Thank you so much for your time.
Sam.

//EDIT

Oh and I am sorry but I forgot to mention that I try pressing continue then going down to the taskbar to click on the game but that doesnt work either. I have had these installed before and they worked fine but i had to reinstall them so I dont know what is going on.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 wont start Empty Re: The Sims 3 wont start

Post by Narong30 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 13:30

samiibearr wrote:Oh and I am sorry but I forgot to mention that I try pressing continue then going down to the taskbar to click on the game but that doesnt work either. I have had these installed before and they worked fine but i had to reinstall them so I dont know what is going on.

My past experience with other user is :
Uninstall everything and reinstall back.

If you really want to uninstall and reinstall everything back. You can just follow this guide : How to install SIMS 3 correctly

Note: I advised you too install the generation expansion. Anyway, you can wait Admin to guide you.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 wont start Empty Re: The Sims 3 wont start

Post by Admin Thu 30 Jun 2011, 15:19

samiibearr wrote:Hello,
I have the base game and late night installed and everytime I try to start the game the window about the unofficial modification comes up then i press continue and another window pops up saying
Unable to start game
service initialization failed (0x039e8474)
I have looked and looked on the forum but I have no idea what to do because I dont have generations installed and I don't really want it to be installed.
Thank you so much for your time.
Sam.

//EDIT

Oh and I am sorry but I forgot to mention that I try pressing continue then going down to the taskbar to click on the game but that doesnt work either. I have had these installed before and they worked fine but i had to reinstall them so I dont know what is going on.
Hello,

This problem is caused because you placed the crack in the wrong folder. Note that the Generations crack goes into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin AND NOT TO C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Generations\Game\Bin

//EDIT

Ps. Did you install Generations at all?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)