Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the sims 3 island paradise wont start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the sims 3 island paradise wont start Empty the sims 3 island paradise wont start

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 15:27

hi i installed it today, evrytime i open the launcher it tells me there was a problem during the installation for me to check the regist of the sims 3 or something, idk where that is. i installed the update, i uninstalled and reinstalled the expansion but still the same

Back to top Go down

the sims 3 island paradise wont start Empty Re: the sims 3 island paradise wont start

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jun 2013, 23:37

Absynthia wrote:hi i installed it today, evrytime i open the launcher it tells me there was a problem during the installation for me to check the regist of the sims 3 or something, idk where that is. i installed the update, i uninstalled and reinstalled the expansion but still the same

Hello there,

Try doing a clean un-install of all your Sims 3 games. What's very important here is to delete the registry entries of The Sims 3 too; for help on this, you could have a look at this article here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall (but please do not use things like the "CCleaner" - I strongly suggest to delete the registry entries manually, even if it takes a bit more time and effort).

Some Helpers suggest to re-boot the computer after this; since this doesn't really hurt, you might do that too (although I also had lots of people who didn't restart and got their game working again).

Before you re-install again, make an empty folder somewhere. If you downloaded "Island Pradise" from G4TW, then it should be in the .RAR file format. Re-extract the contents of the .RAR to that empty folder you created. As soon as you get to "Island Paradise" during installation, use the "setup.exe" (or whatever it's called) in the new folder you made.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top