Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 installation help, confused and not sure what to do.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 installation help, confused and not sure what to do. Empty Sims 3 installation help, confused and not sure what to do.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 17:45

I am honestly frustrated and desperate for some answers. I have bought the Sims 3 base game, Pets, Generations, Late Night and High End Loft stuff. I had all these on my computer and updated to the latest patch 1.55 and I decided to download Seasons from G4TW and I followed the directions and put the crack in my bin folder of the base game. I ran the game, and it kept crashing and wouldn't show anything but a black screen, basically saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I went and changed my DEP like I read on here and it still didn't work, then I removed my CC & that still didn't work, so I removed Seasons and it was still crashing. I gave up and un-installed everything. So now I am about to install the games again and I debating on what to do now. I am currently downloading the ultimate fix but the problem with downloading the manual patch, it won't even download.. it's taking so ungodly long and my internet isn't exactly the fastest thing in the world. So when I install all my games back, should I update the game via the EA server and then try Seasons again or what do I do? The ultimate fix thing right now is at 5%. I have Windows 8. Someone help please, before I lose my mind..Question Question

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 installation help, confused and not sure what to do. Empty Re: Sims 3 installation help, confused and not sure what to do.

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 19:07

Try Installing Everything, patching, installing the EP and try it without cracking, refuse any updates like the "store" updates.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 installation help, confused and not sure what to do. Empty Re: Sims 3 installation help, confused and not sure what to do.

Post by J.T. Sun 01 Sep 2013, 04:38

jessicabrookex wrote:I am honestly frustrated and desperate for some answers. I have bought the Sims 3 base game, Pets, Generations, Late Night and High End Loft stuff. I had all these on my computer and updated to the latest patch 1.55 and I decided to download Seasons from G4TW and I followed the directions and put the crack in my bin folder of the base game. I ran the game, and it kept crashing and wouldn't show anything but a black screen, basically saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I went and changed my DEP like I read on here and it still didn't work, then I removed my CC & that still didn't work, so I removed Seasons and it was still crashing. I gave up and un-installed everything. So now I am about to install the games again and I debating on what to do now. I am currently downloading the ultimate fix but the problem with downloading the manual patch, it won't even download.. it's taking so ungodly long and my internet isn't exactly the fastest thing in the world. So when I install all my games back, should I update the game via the EA server and then try Seasons again or what do I do? The ultimate fix thing right now is at 5%. I have Windows 8. Someone help please, before I lose my mind..Question Question
Hello,

Please read this guide instead of the installation guide in The Sims 3 Seasons torrent. Bear in mind that if you downloaded the base game via Origin, the correct folder where you place the #crack of the Ultimate Fix (step 4 of the "Must Read") to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (NOT C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin).
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 16:16

cat2006house wrote:
jessicabrookex wrote:I am honestly frustrated and desperate for some answers. I have bought the Sims 3 base game, Pets, Generations, Late Night and High End Loft stuff. I had all these on my computer and updated to the latest patch 1.55 and I decided to download Seasons from G4TW and I followed the directions and put the crack in my bin folder of the base game. I ran the game, and it kept crashing and wouldn't show anything but a black screen, basically saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I went and changed my DEP like I read on here and it still didn't work, then I removed my CC & that still didn't work, so I removed Seasons and it was still crashing. I gave up and un-installed everything. So now I am about to install the games again and I debating on what to do now. I am currently downloading the ultimate fix but the problem with downloading the manual patch, it won't even download.. it's taking so ungodly long and my internet isn't exactly the fastest thing in the world. So when I install all my games back, should I update the game via the EA server and then try Seasons again or what do I do? The ultimate fix thing right now is at 5%. I have Windows 8. Someone help please, before I lose my mind..Question Question
Hello,

Please read this guide instead of the installation guide in The Sims 3 Seasons torrent. Bear in mind that if you downloaded the base game via Origin, the correct folder where you place the #crack of the Ultimate Fix (step 4 of the "Must Read") to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (NOT C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin).
I have read that guide, many many times. I placed the files in the right place and my game was still crashing. So I un-installed everything. I am updating the game via the EA server now because it takes so so sooo long for me to download the manual patch, if it didn't take like 3 days.. It would be a lot different I suppose, lol. The ultimate fix doesn't take that long to download, so I was downloading that. I don't think I installed my game via Orgin? but maybe I could be confused. I went and bought my sims 3 base game like 4 years ago, and didn't download it online from anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 01 Sep 2013, 16:19

jessicabrookex wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

I have read that guide, many many times. I placed the files in the right place and my game was still crashing. So I un-installed everything. I am updating the game via the EA server now because it takes so so sooo long for me to download the manual patch, if it didn't take like 3 days.. It would be a lot different I suppose, lol. The ultimate fix doesn't take that long to download, so I was downloading that. I don't think I installed my game via Orgin? but maybe I could be confused. I went and bought my sims 3 base game like 4 years ago, and didn't download it online from anything.
Hello,

Try downloading Internet Download Manager from Piratebay and try downloading the manual patch with the Manager. This will speed up the download a lot.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 17:50

cat2006house wrote:
jessicabrookex wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Try downloading Internet Download Manager from Piratebay and try downloading the manual patch with the Manager. This will speed up the download a lot.
Thank you. That seems to be a lot faster than what it was before. But question, do I have to re-apply the manual patch? or can I just use the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Sep 2013, 03:24

jessicabrookex wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
jessicabrookex wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Thank you. That seems to be a lot faster than what it was before. But question, do I have to re-apply the manual patch? or can I just use the ultimate fix?
Hello,

Reapply the manual patch and then reapply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 installation help, confused and not sure what to do. Empty Sims 3 has stopped working, have tried numerous fixes.

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 18:00

I installed Sims 3 base game, High End Loft, Late Night, Generations, Pets (all store bought) and downloaded Seasons and UL via this site. I did what the directions say for updating your game, applying the ultimate fix, etc. I have actually done this twice. I have deleted tons of my CC and stuff from my packages folder but even then, I only get to play like 5-10 minutes of the game and then it says "The Sims 3 has stopped working" and crashes to my desktop, it is so annoying. I went and changed the settings on the NVIDIA graphics card as well. My laptop is 64 bit and has 8gb of ram and I have an external 1TB hard-drive which I install everything on. I just want to finish making my house on the game so this is so annoying. I have had this happen even before in the past, and it magically went away but now it's just not.

Helper Edit: Refrain from spamming. Please refer to your problem under the original topic.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Sep 2013, 08:12

jessicabrookex wrote:I installed Sims 3 base game, High End Loft, Late Night, Generations, Pets (all store bought) and downloaded Seasons and UL via this site. I did what the directions say for updating your game, applying the ultimate fix, etc. I have actually done this twice. I have deleted tons of my CC and stuff from my packages folder but even then, I only get to play like 5-10 minutes of the game and then it says "The Sims 3 has stopped working" and crashes to my desktop, it is so annoying. I went and changed the settings on the NVIDIA graphics card as well. My laptop is 64 bit and has 8gb of ram and I have an external 1TB hard-drive which I install everything on. I just want to finish making my house on the game so this is so annoying. I have had this happen even before in the past, and it magically went away but now it's just not.
Hello,

Please try deleting the following caches in the folder C:\users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

If possible, delete the content of the folder CurrentGame.sims3 as well.

Does this happen to only one save? Can you create a new save to see if there is any difference?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top