Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slightly confused by Sims 3 Installation guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slightly confused by Sims 3 Installation guide Empty Slightly confused by Sims 3 Installation guide

Post by Guest Sun 27 Apr 2014, 01:11

I feel so stupid for not knowing what to do. The instructions are amazing simple and just great. I'm confused about Step #4. I'm following your instructions literally so do I just move the cracks from the "# Crack" folder or follow the videos' instruction? Because the video moves more stuff. Thanks!

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to top Go down

Slightly confused by Sims 3 Installation guide Empty Re: Slightly confused by Sims 3 Installation guide

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Apr 2014, 01:26

Ahogeil2 wrote:I feel so stupid for not knowing what to do. The instructions are amazing simple and just great. I'm confused about Step #4. I'm following your instructions literally so do I just move the cracks from the "# Crack" folder or follow the videos' instruction? Because the video moves more stuff. Thanks!

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Hello,

After you applied the "manual patch" (step #2 from that guide you linked to), you ONLY have to use the two files inside the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix. And nothing else. Of course, you should also replace the existing files in the base game location.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Slightly confused by Sims 3 Installation guide Empty Re: Slightly confused by Sims 3 Installation guide

Post by Guest Sun 27 Apr 2014, 01:34

Thank you so much! I've spent the entire day following your instructions and now I'm finally ready to play. Tears to my eyes. heh Thank you!!! Very Happy

//EDIT

Err...slight problem. Everything is great up till after I pick a town. It loads but then it stops loading when there is only a little bit left on the screen. I mean its been 20 minutes and it hasn't changed. 

1. I downloaded all the expansions. I installed them. I had to download the manual patch to install World of Adventures so I did and continued to install the rest of the expansions, all of them, without a problem. I then reapplied the manual patch. Last, I copied the TSW.exe and .dll files from the "# Crack" Folder into the Sims Bin, replacing the files there. Thats exactly what I did. Not sure what I missed? :-/

Do I have to follow the Installation guide in the Ultimate Fix and move all the files over to their respective folders? All I did was just copy the crack and left the others alone.

//EDIT

Its working! So I just re-installed it. I downloaded the manual patch to install WoA, then I installed the rest of them, then I RE-APPLIED the patch, AGAIN. Then I moved ONLY the files in the "# Crack" folder to the Bin of the base game, replacing the files. I'm playing right now! I love you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I've waited years. Thanks guy(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:22

Ahogeil2 wrote:Thank you so much! I've spent the entire day following your instructions and now I'm finally ready to play. Tears to my eyes. heh Thank you!!! Very Happy

//EDIT

Err...slight problem. Everything is great up till after I pick a town. It loads but then it stops loading when there is only a little bit left on the screen. I mean its been 20 minutes and it hasn't changed. 

1. I downloaded all the expansions. I installed them. I had to download the manual patch to install World of Adventures so I did and continued to install the rest of the expansions, all of them, without a problem. I then reapplied the manual patch. Last, I copied the TSW.exe and .dll files from the "# Crack" Folder into the Sims Bin, replacing the files there. Thats exactly what I did. Not sure what I missed? :-/

Do I have to follow the Installation guide in the Ultimate Fix and move all the files over to their respective folders? All I did was just copy the crack and left the others alone.

//EDIT

Its working! So I just re-installed it. I downloaded the manual patch to install WoA, then I installed the rest of them, then I RE-APPLIED the patch, AGAIN. Then I moved ONLY the files in the "# Crack" folder to the Bin of the base game, replacing the files. I'm playing right now! I love you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I've waited years. Thanks guy(s)

Hello,

You are welcome ! Smile  If you have any other questions, do let me know.

P.S. if you click on the "edit"-button in the top right corner of your post (after the message is posted), it will allow you to EDIT your post. Please use this option, instead of posting multiple times in a row (which is considered like spamming on here, btw).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top