Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does the Ultimate Fix work with 1.29 version of the game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does the Ultimate Fix work with 1.29 version of the game? Empty Does the Ultimate Fix work with 1.29 version of the game?

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 20:30

Hello all.

So, I've decided to give up on all my Sims3 saves. I haven't even been playing Sims3 that much, since my computer is having a really tough time handling only the basegame at v1.55.

By informing myself a little bit more and reading some stuff from ModTheSims, I found out that it's actually the patches that strain the computer, not the EPs. That stuff really shocked me; I thought I was doing my computer a favor by not having Island Paradise, Seasons and other eye-appealing EPs installed, but it turns out, it's like I've had all of them installed in the first place.

I sat down and started thinking what will I be throwing away if I run Sims3 on v1.29 (newer than Generations a little bit). Turns out, it isn't much to lose, and I will also be installing WA, A, LN and GEN along with the 1.29 patch. (I haven't had the first three EPs installed yet, so it should be fun!)

To roll back, I will uninstall the basegame (the only TS3 game I have installed at the moment), reinstall it and then install Generations EP, then all the previous three, and then finally I'll download the manual superpatcher and apply it.

Since I pirated all my TS3 games, it'll be impossible to run TS3 without applying your amazing and lifesaving Ultimate Fix. But, the hard question is, will the current Ultimate Fix work with the 1.29 version? If not, do you still have the previous versions of Ultimate Fix available for download?

And another question (probably the most important) - will this (rolling back) actually save my computer? Ie, will it not be having such a hard time while just loading the game?

Thank you for all the answers.

Back to top Go down

Does the Ultimate Fix work with 1.29 version of the game? Empty Re: Does the Ultimate Fix work with 1.29 version of the game?

Post by J.T. Sun 01 Sep 2013, 04:44

DJ. wrote:Hello all.

So, I've decided to give up on all my Sims3 saves. I haven't even been playing Sims3 that much, since my computer is having a really tough time handling only the basegame at v1.55.

By informing myself a little bit more and reading some stuff from ModTheSims, I found out that it's actually the patches that strain the computer, not the EPs. That stuff really shocked me; I thought I was doing my computer a favor by not having Island Paradise, Seasons and other eye-appealing EPs installed, but it turns out, it's like I've had all of them installed in the first place.

I sat down and started thinking what will I be throwing away if I run Sims3 on v1.29 (newer than Generations a little bit). Turns out, it isn't much to lose, and I will also be installing WA, A, LN and GEN along with the 1.29 patch. (I haven't had the first three EPs installed yet, so it should be fun!)

To roll back, I will uninstall the basegame (the only TS3 game I have installed at the moment), reinstall it and then install Generations EP, then all the previous three, and then finally I'll download the manual superpatcher and apply it.

Since I pirated all my TS3 games, it'll be impossible to run TS3 without applying your amazing and lifesaving Ultimate Fix. But, the hard question is, will the current Ultimate Fix work with the 1.29 version? If not, do you still have the previous versions of Ultimate Fix available for download?

And another question (probably the most important) - will this (rolling back) actually save my computer? Ie, will it not be having such a hard time while just loading the game?

Thank you for all the answers.
Hello,

First of all, if your computer cannot handle v1.55 base game with a few expansions, it's quite certain that you cannot handle v1.29 base game with 3 expansions (since running The Sims 3 and 3 expansions is like runnning 3 games at an instance. Your CPU cannot handle it well). So I can assure it will make no difference, especially when you play in Bridgeport (the world that came with The Sims 3: Late Night). I am not sure if Admin had v1.29 Ultimate Fix backup or not. But you can always use the temporary fix here.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Does the Ultimate Fix work with 1.29 version of the game? Empty Re: Does the Ultimate Fix work with 1.29 version of the game?

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 14:04

I might have exaggerated a little bit. My computer is actually capable of handling the game at 1.55... it's just it heats up a lot. In my head it sounded like something that shouldn't be happening so that's why I said it cannot handle the game.

But it confuses me that you say " running The Sims 3 and 3 expansions is like runnning 3 games at an instance". So far I've been running GEN, P, S, SN, UL and IP; and my game was getting a little bit slow (not to mention the computer heating up). I've uninstalled all of these expansion packs, and the computer's still having hard time when I play TS3. But, back in the day when I discovered this site (... around Pets?) and when I was running only basegame at Pets patch level, my game didn't have that much issue handling TS3.

What you're saying is that the computer has to work extra hard for patches alone, and it's working very hard for every single EP I have currently installed. That's the part that I have trouble understanding.

As for the temporary fix; what does it do exactly - I mean, is it a crack like a regular Ultimate Fix, just written in a different way and ready to mess something up soon (because Admin says it's not recommended)?

Thank you for answering.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 01 Sep 2013, 16:13

DJ. wrote:I might have exaggerated a little bit. My computer is actually capable of handling the game at 1.55... it's just it heats up a lot. In my head it sounded like something that shouldn't be happening so that's why I said it cannot handle the game.

But it confuses me that you say " running The Sims 3 and 3 expansions is like runnning 3 games at an instance". So far I've been running GEN, P, S, SN, UL and IP; and my game was getting a little bit slow (not to mention the computer heating up). I've uninstalled all of these expansion packs, and the computer's still having hard time when I play TS3. But, back in the day when I discovered this site (... around Pets?) and when I was running only basegame at Pets patch level, my game didn't have that much issue handling TS3.

What you're saying is that the computer has to work extra hard for patches alone, and it's working very hard for every single EP I have currently installed. That's the part that I have trouble understanding.
Hello,

If your pc is having a hard time with The Sims 3 base game alone, this may be due to the fact you didn't maintain your pc health well. Try defragmentation (which can be accessed by right-clicking the hard drives/Properties. In the "Tools" tab, you can find something like defragmenting tool.) Also try Advanced SystemCare 6, a program developed by Iobit to speed up your pc. What I am trying to say is running The Sims 3 with multiple expansions consumes a lot of CPU. Most likely this is the reason why your pc heats up a lot and gets slower. Temparory fix is a working fix as well. It's not recommended because it may not be compatible with v1.55 and may cause crashes. The fix will include an instruction guide which will guide you through the cracking process (and yes it's a NO-CD mod working like the Ultimate Fix). Try lowering the number of expansions installed to 1-2 because I don't see your computer can run it faster with too many expansions installed.

Last edited by cat2006house on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 08:14; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 19:32

Sorry for not posting for four days.

I agree with you up to a point... The Sims 3 does consume a lot of CPU, and I know that's the main reason why my laptop is heating up that much. But, I maintain my laptop (HP Pavilion G6; 6GB of RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7450M, i5 etc.) regularly, almost on a weekly basis (by doing defragmentation, backing up regularly, running *nothing* but antivirus in the background and so on (including using CCleaner once in a while)).

Before I decided to run basegame only on v1.55, I was running Generations, Pets, Showtime and Supernatural. My computer was acting fine, and would heat up slightly after a few hours of playing the game. When I installed Island Paradise (and automatically updated to 1.55), my computer couldn't handle it.

I'm pretty sure by running these EPs but with slightly lower version number would equal running the game with older EPs (WA, A, LN, GEN) and a lot lower patch number.

Thank you for clarifying the Temporary Fix.

---

So, after I've added a bit of extra info, would it now seem like a good way to go? (I'm still asking this because ModTheSims' post about patches straining computers really scares me. I've got this computer a year ago, and I don't want it to explode in front of me or something.)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 06 Sep 2013, 08:07

DJ. wrote:Sorry for not posting for four days.

I agree with you up to a point... The Sims 3 does consume a lot of CPU, and I know that's the main reason why my laptop is heating up that much. But, I maintain my laptop (HP Pavilion G6; 6GB of RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7450M, i5 etc.) regularly, almost on a weekly basis (by doing defragmentation, backing up regularly, running *nothing* but antivirus in the background and so on (including using CCleaner once in a while)).

Before I decided to run basegame only on v1.55, I was running Generations, Pets, Showtime and Supernatural. My computer was acting fine, and would heat up slightly after a few hours of playing the game. When I installed Island Paradise (and automatically updated to 1.55), my computer couldn't handle it.

I'm pretty sure by running these EPs but with slightly lower version number would equal running the game with older EPs (WA, A, LN, GEN) and a lot lower patch number.

Thank you for clarifying the Temporary Fix.

---

So, after I've added a bit of extra info, would it now seem like a good way to go? (I'm still asking this because ModTheSims' post about patches straining computers really scares me. I've got this computer a year ago, and I don't want it to explode in front of me or something.)
Hello,

Because I don't know the info of your CPU (you only say it's i5, but i5 has a large range of models of CPU). However, I noticed your pc's GFX isn't really that bad. Your pc's RAM isn't that bad either. In fact, it's 10 times better than my crappy computer laptop (Celeron Mobile Dual-Core T3100, Intel GM45 Express Chipset, 2GB RAM). But I can still run the game with 10 expansions without explosion. So what I am wondering if you exaggerated your pc's condition (no offence). Due to the fact that I can still run it without minor lags and the pc (by now) is still running quite smoothly (in fact it's running smoother than before after I installed Smart Defrag 2 (a defragmentation application that is better than defragmentation provided by windows)). I don't see you can't run The Sims 3: Island Paradise and v.155 base game and a couple of expansions. In fact, your pc's spec is more than enough.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 20:56

Sorry for that! It's Intel i5 processor; ~2.8GHz.

Your response made me worried - a lot. If my computer is decent enough to handle TS3, why does it overheat?

You actually made me consider taking my laptop to the HP center for a maintenance. Could it be because I haven't winded it (remove the dust from the case) in a year (since I've bought it)?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 08 Sep 2013, 00:42

DJ. wrote:Sorry for that! It's Intel i5 processor; ~2.8GHz.

Your response made me worried - a lot. If my computer is decent enough to handle TS3, why does it overheat?

You actually made me consider taking my laptop to the HP center for a maintenance. Could it be because I haven't winded it (remove the dust from the case) in a year (since I've bought it)?

Hello,

Yes, you can actaully remove the dust to avoid overheating. Read this to find out more. If all these solutions don't work, I guess you need to hire a technician to help you with the matter.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 18:42

Thank you for the link. I'll try to do it myself, but I strongly believe I won't do any help... the technicians are far more experienced in that area than me. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top