Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused about contradictory installation instructions (expansions)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confused about contradictory installation instructions (expansions) Empty Confused about contradictory installation instructions (expansions)

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 14:53

Hello.  I am trying to download and install all the expansions from Games4theworld.  In this thread: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly Step 1 says to install all the expansions you want before moving on to step 2... but it cautions you that you don't need to use any Crack folders.  So I installed Sims 3 base, (but without using the crack), and then moved on to install the first expansion, World Adventures.   But the installation instructions for World Adventures involves using 4 Crack folders.  So already I'm stumped -- because Step 1 said not to use the crack folders at all.

Should I instead be following the instructions from this thread?: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11899p60-we-want-the-sims-3-dragon-valley#97924 copied here?

( 4)  Install the base game with Daemon Tools Lite (to mount both .iso files in the torrent into discs). Enter one of the serial codes included in the installation guide.
( 5 ) Apply the manual patch mentioned here.
( 6 ) Install all the expansions by double-clicking setup.exe. Enter the serial codes included in the installation guides.
( 7 ) Apply the manual patch again.
( 8 ) Apply the Ultimate Fix.

Back to top Go down

Confused about contradictory installation instructions (expansions) Empty Re: Confused about contradictory installation instructions (expansions)

Post by J.T. Tue 10 Sep 2013, 15:01

Hello,

Manual patch is like a safe precaution. Apply it before and after installing expansions won't hurt. Of course if you don't want to apply it before installing expansions, that is okay too. Just apply it afterwards. If you didn't notice, the guide also mentioned this too:

Must Read how to isntall The Sims 3 correctly wrote:If you get an update error when trying to install any of the expansions, do step 2 first and then continue with step 1 again.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Confused about contradictory installation instructions (expansions) Empty Re: Confused about contradictory installation instructions (expansions)

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 15:23

Sure, thanks, but the manual patch wasn't really the issue I was asking about.  The installation guides for the individual expansions seem to list a lot of steps, (including in at least one case editing the registry).  These installation instructions in the folders for the expansions seem to contradict the step-by-step instructions on this site.  I linked to that second thread because it said to Install all the expansions by double-clicking setup.exe.

is it really that simple?  Can I disregard the complex instructions in the expansion torrents and follow those steps instead?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 10 Sep 2013, 15:25

Panz wrote:Sure, thanks, but the manual patch wasn't really the issue I was asking about.  The installation guides for the individual expansions seem to list a lot of steps, (including in at least one case editing the registry).  These installation instructions in the folders for the expansions seem to contradict the step-by-step instructions on this site.  I linked to that second thread because it said to Install all the expansions by double-clicking setup.exe.

is it really that simple?  Can I disregard the complex instructions in the expansion torrents and follow those steps instead?
Hello,

Yes you can disregard them. They are just for serial codes.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 15:30

I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 11 Sep 2013, 06:30

The only one you may have to pay attention to is World Adventures (the one telling you to change the registry), but only if you get a region error while installing it. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top