Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone getting the "Please Insert Disc" Error after update?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone getting the "Please Insert Disc" Error after update? Empty Anyone getting the "Please Insert Disc" Error after update?

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 07:07

Hello everyone, I am new here.

I tried to install the sims 3 to my mac, and I got stuck in almost the first step.

I download the base game and started it, avoid all the updates, and started the game. It worked, I played for a good 20 minutes, and left it as it is.

Later I come back, start the game, avoid all the updates like how the guide said, and then I clicked the "Update now" tab to update. The update took about 30 minutes, and after that, I kept getting the "Please Insert Disc" error.

Am I not suppose to update? (The guide said we can update and patch?) Please let me know if I have done anything wrong here.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Anyone getting the "Please Insert Disc" Error after update? Empty Re: Anyone getting the "Please Insert Disc" Error after update?

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:21

Hello there!
You did great updating it, but then you have to apply the Ultimate Fix (the crack) again. You can find the instructions here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13801-ultimate-fix-now-compatible-with-version-157-of-the-sims-3

Let us know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Anyone getting the "Please Insert Disc" Error after update? Empty Re: Anyone getting the "Please Insert Disc" Error after update?

Post by Dieneryn Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:05

Hi there! 

TCPCohen is right, but I'm wondering if you installed any Expansion Packs? The fix only works if you have installed at least one Smile

Cheers!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:12

@TCPCohen
Thank you for your help! I will give it a try and let you know how it goes!

@dieneryn
I haven't install any expansion packs yet, but I will do so and try the fix! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:19

Great! Do update us on your progress Smile

Here are some simple steps to help you:
1) Extract base game to Applications folder.
2) Update to 1.57 via the launcher.
3) Install your EPs.
4) Apply only the 2 files in the #crack folder for the Ultimate Fix. (there is no need to follow the installation guide for the fix and all other files are not necessary.)

Cheers!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:48

Please let us know the result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top