Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED) installation issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED) installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED) installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 06 Aug 2012, 18:54

When trying to download The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED version), I get a notification to insert a disk. The error message is this: "Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Game/bin/default.ini." After attempting to re-extract and reinstall I came up with the same issue. I searched around a bit and noticed that a few people had similar issues (I wasn't sure as to whether or not they used the NOT FIXED version of The Sims 3: Pets or not, but I tried the solutions for there as well) and found this page: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2251-the-sims-3-pets-please-insert-disk-1-official-fix

I downloaded and extracted that, followed the EXACT instructions for the #Installation Guide and I'm still getting the same error.. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED) installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED) installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 06 Aug 2012, 22:49

Hello,

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop. Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED) installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED) installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 06 Aug 2012, 23:09

I'm using quite an old copy of WinRar. I'm going to try to install your version and re-extract Pets as described. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the reply!

Should I even continue with the guide for the apparent "fix" for this issue after re-extracting The Sims 3: Pets, or just attempt to install it normally after re-extracting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Aug 2012, 23:28

Hello,

No, the Fix is only for the normal Pets download, but since you downloaded the [FIXED] version, you do not need that Fix.
Please keep us updated, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Aug 2012, 23:46

Everything worked out as well as I hoped! I guess the issue was the prehistoric version of WinRar I was using. Thanks so much for all of the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Aug 2012, 23:54

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Happy simming and please let us know if you need more assistance again! The Sims 3 Pets (FIXED) installation issue. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top