Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Package files installed but not showing up in game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Package files installed but not showing up in game. [SOLVED] Empty Package files installed but not showing up in game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 07:23

Hi, 

I am using a Mac version of The Sims 3, and I tried to install "Lunar Lakes" as linked from http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/neighbourhoods.html

I also checked out the pdf that teaches users to install these package files, but after I did as instructed, Lunar Lakes still failed to turn up in my game. In fact, when I checked the launcher, it was neither present under the Downloads or Installed tab. Further starting the game confirmed my suspicion that it was not installed at all. I have tried browsing the forum... I tried turning off the in-store option as well. 

Nothing is working at this point. When I said "not installed" I mean like when starting a new game, Lunar Lake is not listed as an option as would "Sunset Valley", etc. 

Please help? It would be greatly appreciated. Help Noob

Back to top Go down

Package files installed but not showing up in game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Package files installed but not showing up in game. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 08:39

Hello,

Is the file you installed a sims3pack? Sims3packs and packages are 2 different types of files and the installation processes for each of them are different. You should double-click the file to start installation if it is a sims3pack (it should be if you downloaded it from www.games4theworlddownloads.org).
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Package files installed but not showing up in game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Package files installed but not showing up in game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 09:14

Oh my! Yes I didn't realise. Yes the file I installed was a sims3pack. I only realised now that the info was for .package files. Terribly sorry. I just double clicked on the files I downloaded after extracting them and they are installed verrrry smoothly. Thanks so much! This forum is the best!!!! 

Orz Orz

Helper Edit: Glad to hear that! Topic closed.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top