Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Package files not showing in-game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Package files not showing in-game. [SOLVED] Empty Package files not showing in-game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2016, 00:55

Ok it's been a long time since i last asked for some assistance and I don't know where to put these problem/error.

So, The last post i have ever made is this https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21651-aims-co-choc-o-falls-fountain. asking for a certain item that i did not find in the download server and i was given a magnet link of some sort so i can download the sims 3 full store with fixes included. After the download I started installing the worlds that i wanted and those store contents starting from year 1-5. I did not mind these for every time i play the game it always detects the mods like the Nraas and those sims 3 store updates year 1-5(I know some package files will not be displayed on this window as i go to the main menu of the game). The problem started when I added those sims 3 buildings which are in .package files(I tried the le cinema plumbob and al fresco market), after that I started the game no errors and all but after i went to edit town and looked at the community lot section i did not see the al fresco and the cinema plumbob but when i got to buy mode i can see the contents of those said lots since i do research before downloading things. What i am getting here is that i cannot see the lot of those said buildings but i can buy those items that came with them(maybe because of those store update package files.)

If you still don't understand please check the link i provided and look for Sim Architect's reply to my post you will see a magnet link which luckily is not a zip file but separate folders with labels so you can picture out what I am trying to explain.

PS. I have the Mods folder installed and also the Store Fixes(Latest Update) that came with the magnet link...

Any comments about my fairy tale long explanation is welcome I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Package files not showing in-game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Package files not showing in-game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 May 2016, 01:21

Bragondall wrote:Ok it's been a long time since i last asked for some assistance and I don't know where to put these problem/error.

So, The last post i have ever made is this https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21651-aims-co-choc-o-falls-fountain. asking for a certain item that i did not find in the download server and i was given a magnet link of some sort so i can download the sims 3 full store with fixes included. After the download I started installing the worlds that i wanted and those store contents starting from year 1-5. I did not mind these for every time i play the game it always detects the mods like the Nraas and those sims 3 store updates year 1-5(I know some package files will not be displayed on this window as i go to the main menu of the game). The problem started when I added those sims 3 buildings which are in .package files(I tried the le cinema plumbob and al fresco market), after that I started the game no errors and all but after i went to edit town and looked at the community lot section i did not see the al fresco and the cinema plumbob but when i got to buy mode i can see the contents of those said lots since i do research before downloading things. What i am getting here is that i cannot see the lot of those said buildings but i can buy those items that came with them(maybe because of those store update package files.)

If you still don't understand please check the link i provided and look for Sim Architect's reply to my post you will see a magnet link which luckily is not a zip file but separate folders with labels so you can picture out what I am trying to explain.

PS. I have the Mods folder installed and also the Store Fixes(Latest Update) that came with the magnet link...

Any comments about my fairy tale long explanation is welcome I tip my fedora.

//MOVED

Hello,

Since Sim Architect is not active on here anymore, and this specific torrent is NOT (!) an official Games4theworld torrent, it might be best if you contact Sim Architect personally, through Facebook, Twitter or his YouTube channel. But maybe I can help in this case here too.

If lots are in .package file format, they must be put in a different location. Which is Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library. Then start up the game and see if the lots show up now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Package files not showing in-game. [SOLVED] Empty Thanks!

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2016, 01:46

Many Many thanks sir. It worked. All those sim gametime lost just for a simple solution...Thank you again.

Back to top Go down

Package files not showing in-game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Package files not showing in-game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 May 2016, 01:52

Bragondall wrote:Many Many thanks sir. It worked. All those sim gametime lost just for a simple solution...Thank you again.

No problem at all. When I downloaded a complete store collection (from rachelstoolbox, way back in mid-2014 or so), it took me some time too, to figure out the same thing. Games4theworld will also be trying to come up with a more official store torrent, since the download server is currently not being worked on.

Is there anything else for now that we can help with ? If not, you can of course, open a new topic anytime again in the future.

//EDIT

Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top