Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few questions about installation. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Few questions about installation. [SOLVED] Empty Few questions about installation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:34

Hello. :newfag: 

First of all, thank you for your time and effort.

I messed up something the first time I tried to install the game. Followed your instructions step by step, didn't get any error tho, except for World Adventures when i tried to apply 4 patches from Crack 3 folder - "Couldn't find the file" or something like that showed up during the patch. Installed 9 other EPs without any problem, but every time I tried to launch the game it always launched Island Paradise expansion, not the base game. Also I couldn't get any other expansion to work, except for Island Paradise as I mentioned.

As i never installed this game before I`m not quite familiar with how the Launcher works. At the bottom of its window I can see expansions I installed, they are all highlited. When I click on the icons (diamonds), at the bottom, nothing happens, so I guess they dont have any function but to just inform me i have them installed?? Clicking on "Content" and "Downloads" button at the left pane of the launcher window opens the right pane of the launcher which is completely empty. I checked every tab in that part of the pane but they are all empty. Is it supposed to be like that or I should have the EPs I installed listed there - as installed content?

I`m gonna try to install everything again but before I do I`d like to ask a few questions.

1. Should I install it on the C drive, where I don't have much space available by the way, or am I safe to install it on the other partition as I did in the first time? Reason I`m asking this is maybe the patches from the Crack folder 3 of the World Adventures EP are preconfigured to find the game .exes they`r patching on the C partition and I had them all on my D partition? I`m on Windows 7 64 bit.

2. Should I block every single .exe from the base game and EPs in my firewall or that's not necessary and if not, am I safe to update all of the EPs via the Sims 3 Launcher itself? I have to note that I applied the latest update 1.57 that you provided, but for some of the EPs I was getting a message that there is a latest update available so I`m not quite clear on whether I`m safe to press yes or should i press no?

3. What are The Sims 3 Store Updates for? Do I need to download and install something first that will be updated by those store updates or are they already some set of features for Sims 3 and if that`s the case, is "Update 51: August 2013" for example a cumulative update with all the previous updates or do I need to download all the updates for 2013?

As I mentioned before I have never seen this game before, until my daughter forced me to download it, so I`m completely confused. Noob 

Sorry for the long post and possible grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Few questions about installation. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Few questions about installation. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:42

Hello,

I will answer your questions one by one:

1. You don't need any cracks in the torrents. Please read this guide for more information. Additionally, the reason why The Sims 3 Island Paradise is shown in the intro is that the latest expansion you installed is The Sims 3: Island Paradise. And don't worry, all of the expansions/stuff packs you installed will be integrated into the base game. As far as I can tell, you can install the expansion packs/stuff packs in different hard drives.
2. It's not necessary to block the exe in the Firewall. Instead of updating via launcher, you should update manually instead.
3. Store updates are just photos showing you featured items in the in-game store (when you are in Buy Mode and Build Mode). You can either download it or ignore it. It's safe to download and install.

Please read this guide to find out how to install The Sims 3 correctly.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Few questions about installation. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Few questions about installation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:57

Thank you so much for your quick response, I`m gonna give this another try. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 14:31

Hello,

Please keep us posted.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 18:45

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that everything went perfect. Contents from every EP I installed are there just like you said.

Again thank you for your time and patience! Cya

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 21 Sep 2013, 08:56

Problem solved, topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top