Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims won't start after Seasons was installed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims won't start after Seasons was installed Empty Sims won't start after Seasons was installed

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 06:03

:newfag: 
I recently downloaded Seasons and installed it, before that everything ran smoothly but once I installed it what would happen is

1. I'd open the launcher to start the game
  2. I will click the play button
  3. I will wait for about 5 minutes on black screen
  4. I get a pop up saying 'Sims 3 Has Stopped Working, Windows is Checking For Solutions'

Help?
Thanks in advance! Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims won't start after Seasons was installed Empty Re: Sims won't start after Seasons was installed

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 23:34

It won't even let me download step 3... the download always fails! Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims won't start after Seasons was installed Empty Re: Sims won't start after Seasons was installed

Post by Dracos66 Sun 22 Sep 2013, 05:14

What browser are you using? Try clearing your cache and then downloading.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 09:48

It worked after I cleared the cache and the game started perfectly, now the only problem is the game says I have no CD in, but I have the Uni Life DAEMON TOOLS torrent... (I pirated Uni Life as well)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 09:58

Hello,

Mounting a  virtual disc for University Life can't solve the problem, I can tell you. The most practical way to solve the problem is to download and apply the Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems, which is part of the guide cezra31 has told you. But you ain't have time to read it right?

To apply the Ultimate Fix, simply open the folder "#crack" from the Ultimate Fix and drag and drop the content inside to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. This should eliminate the problem of "No Disc" error.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:20

I tried that and it said "IT looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.
Do you want to quit?"
and then i have the option to Quit or Continue....

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:35

Hello,

Do you have any mods? Please remove them.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:50

Nope!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:52

Bigfoot7034 wrote:Nope!
Hello,

Please redo steps 2-4 of this guide again. Redownload the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix and reapply them.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top