Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons) Empty Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons)

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:57

Help Noob :newfag: (SIMS 3 SEASONS)

sooo I created my family bought the lot i pause the game and click build mode. When i click it the mouse turns into a sims loading sign and the stuff for build mode doesn't show same for buy mode and then i cant click anything. i've tried EVERYTHING including all the fixes that you provide they just dont help bounce Mad all i want to do it play my sims ): PLEASE HELP.

Back to top Go down

Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons) Empty Re: Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 May 2013, 01:35

MasterSimmer wrote: Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons) 2830496658 Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons) 1490881299 Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons) 1577371209 (SIMS 3 SEASONS)

sooo I created my family bought the lot i pause the game and click build mode. When i click it the mouse turns into a sims loading sign and the stuff for build mode doesn't show same for buy mode and then i cant click anything. i've tried EVERYTHING including all the fixes that you provide they just dont help bounce Mad all i want to do it play my sims ): PLEASE HELP.

Hello,

Have another look at this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

In that article, #2 (about the DEP) and #3 could be interesting for you. Keep in mind though, that if you use the "4 GB Patch", then you need to patch the TS3W.exe file in C:/Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin (= The Sims 3 base game location).

Also go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following files:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" (only in Windows 7 !) & "Thumbnails"

That should do for the moment. If not, then tell us
Wink.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons) Empty Re: Buy/Build mode wont work (sims 3 seasons)

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 14:37

It still didn't work ):

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 14:39

Mmmm, what version is your game?
If you installed your game really recently and updated it, then it is at a version not currently supported by the Ultimate Fix, that could cause problems... (if it is more than 1.50...)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 May 2013, 14:41

MasterSimmer wrote:It still didn't work ):

Go to My documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder with the name "The Sims 3" in any way you like (for example: "The Sims 3_").
When you start up the game next time, you'll realise that you have to start a new savegame (for the time being at least).

In that new savegame, play for a while to see if you have any problems.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 15:33

on the launcher it says the version is 18.0.126.021001 && carlos that still didnt work..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 May 2013, 15:37

MasterSimmer wrote:on the launcher it says the version is 18.0.126.021001 & carlos that still didnt work..

Scroll with the mouse over the symbol on the far left (=the base game symbol). Which number comes up ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 15:51

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 16:03

Yep, I think that's the culprit...
Lemme try and find a downgrade. Anyway you can wait for the ultimate Fix to come out!

//EDIT: Nope, no luck Sad
I'll try and work on the new fix tonight! See if I can help!...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 16:13

Thank youuuuu! (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 18:42

Correct me if I'm wrong Carlos, but my Launcher has no updates available... But my game has a higher version!
So MasterSimmer, please try this: open the Ultimate Fix, and drag & drop files in every folder EXCEPT THE CRACK FOLDER to their respective location (follow the instructions), then apply this manual patch..
Then drag & drop files from the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix.
Does this help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 21:20

lool sorry shamrock but, can you explain it more on how to do it Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 21:50

I was having the same problem as you and maybe i found how to make it work. (But i'm not a pro so.. meh)

Anyway, for my part, i've unistalled all the Sims 3 expansion and the base game and started from 0.
When i re-installed all (actually, i only have base + supernatural but im working on installing the others) i did'nt do the up date that the luncher want us to do. I think, like Shamrock said, that it is the culprit.. So maybe just uninstall all that and start fresh ?

I'm actually at the 1.38.151.018017 .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 21:50

Ok sorry.
First, open the Ultimate Fix (make sure you have the latest version).
Then, unzip it, and open it. You'll see different folders, with the name of the expansions on it.
  • Open the "Base Game" folder, take what's inside, select it and then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, and paste them. Replace.
  • Do the same for the other folders:
    • Ambitions -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin
    • Fast Lane Stuff -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\Game\Bin
    • High End Loft Stuff -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin
    • Late Night -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin
    • Outdoor Living Stuff -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff\Game\Bin
    • University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & ... -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
    • World Adventures -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin

• LEAVE THE CRACK FOLDER FOR NOW.
  • Launch the manual patch from my previous post.
  • Open the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix, and copy the files inside. Then paste them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Does this help?

//EDIT: What you said may be true, and uninstalling/re installing in order always makes sure it sorks fine. But the Sims 3 is such an unpredictable game, so bad and Censored that sometimes we manage to make it work without re installing everything... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Jun 2013, 00:28

Shamrock wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong Carlos, but my Launcher has no updates available... But my game has a higher version!
So MasterSimmer, please try this: open the Ultimate Fix, and drag & drop files in every folder EXCEPT THE CRACK FOLDER to their respective location (follow the instructions), then apply this manual patch..
Then drag & drop files from the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix.
Does this help?

Hello there,

First of all: if you really feel you need a "downgrade" in terms of an earlier base game patch, then I'm afraid you have to un-install everything, and start over with the old patch. As for that, I would try googling for older patches.

And of course: if you plan to use an earlier patch, keep in mind that you probably cannot play "University", as it (probably?) requires the most recent 1.50 patch.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 01:32

shamrock it still didnt work , && Carlos university is probably one of the reasons why it wont work ): i guess im just gonna uninstall everything and just have seasons as an expansion.. what do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Jun 2013, 01:39

MasterSimmer wrote:shamrock it still didnt work , && Carlos university is probably one of the reasons why it wont work ): i guess im just gonna uninstall everything and just have seasons as an expansion.. what do you think?

Hello,

Yes, it seems that the most recent patch and/or the University expansion causes unsolvable problems with many simmers. You might indeed, as I suggested above, google for an earlier patch, then un-install everything.

If you want to do that, read this here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

This will help you with the process of properly un-installing everything. By the way, you should delete the registry keys manually
Wink.

However, you might still want to wait a bit, maybe one of the other Helpers has a better suggestion.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 04:53

IT WORKED ! , but, its a old version im scared to update it /:

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 01 Jun 2013, 06:34

If it's working fine, there's no need to update unless you want to. However, if you chose not to update, you will have to be very careful about adding anything else at all to your game. Expansions will do what they need to, but custom content and mods won't, and will just screw up your game if at the wrong patch level.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top